Notices

Suboxone cold turkey

Old 08-09-2018, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone cold turkey

I have struggled with opiate addition for 19 years. It started with pain pills and after my first (of many) treatment centers in 2009, I started using heroin, IV. The MOST sobriety I have managed to get under my belt is 9 months using the 12 step program. It obviously wasn't a "strong" program I was working (my fault, not the program ) because I got into a relationship and after the break up, I went to my warm, comfortable place. After a brief run with heroin again, IV then went to smoking it (don't know why lol) I had a close call with the law, big time trouble avoided! I found a doctor and got on suboxone. 16mg per day. One in the morning, one in the evening. I took that dose, sometimes more, but never more than 3 suboxone a day for 3 years solid. It helped a lot and I called it a merical drug because I wasn't getting high and I was finally for the first time, in a loooooong time, functional. I dreaded the day I get off of suboxone, I know the withdraws were gonna be bad, and worse the longer I was on it. I always THOUGHT about tapering down but I couldn't make myself do it and end up taking more than I'm prescribed. Well all the stars in my life have aligned and things happend in my life all of a sudden and 13 days ago I took my last suboxone. Wow! is all I can say, by far THE WORST WITHDRAW IN MY LIFE. I am not out of the woods by any means, but I am over the worst physical part. I guess I'm writing this post in hopes it reaches whoever needs it. If your struggling, there is hope at the end of that long dark tunnel. It may not ever feel like it, but I can promise you there is hope for every single human being struggling with this life debilitating addiction. Love you all!
Old 08-09-2018, 08:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Toph and thanks for sharing your story - hope things look up for you from here, man

D