Notices

Please anyone help

Old 04-06-2018, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please anyone help

I have been in the methadone program for a little over 4 years and have no failed tests since about 2 months after joining. I transferred a year ago from another clinic to the one I am in now in Winchester Virginia. I get a month take homes but since I pay out of pocket I can't always afford to get it all so I usually go once a week. My day to pick up is Friday but because of financial reasons ( my check is not always there on Fri before 10am) and due to me not driving and my husband having to be to work at 7am I often just miss Fri and go sat. It's never been a issue until 4 weeks ago a nurse said that if i miss my pickup day they take a bottle so I have to come back on Sunday to get my take homes for the week ( it makes no sense, this rule is not anywhere in the rules or handbook, and I've never had any issue before) well we argued and I kept explaining that I've never had a problem or even heard of this rule. I could not get my take homes, so I left and came back and then spoke to the director, she said it's a new rule and that its for everyone, it ended there.

The next week I went on Fri, got there when they opened at 5am and of course my husband was late for work and wrote up. The following fri i missed again and went sat expecting a bottle to get taken and was goven all my bottles, i explained that there was a argument 2 weeks ago and i was told thos is tge rule, i said its ok if its a rule i understand and will comply all i am asking os the rule be consistent and not change daily, she said no that at phase 6 ( where i am) i dont have to worry, that the rule is for lower phases. Well the nurse said she could switch my pick up day till sat but I would either have to still go in the following fri or miss that day cause it wouldn't be in the system until the following week, Friday came and I called to let them know I switched days and make sure I'd have no problems, I was told my day can't be switched to sat but that since it was technically the nurses fault I wouldn't be responsible and would not have any issues getting my take homes sat. ( well first she said they would take one, and then i said why when technically I told them last week I would not be here fri and was told my days were being changed, so therefore I shouldn't be punished when it was not my fault, the director said fine and that they wouldn't take any.)

Well I ended up a friend got in a bad car accident fri and I had to take their 2 kids so the family could be at the hospital ( both parents were in the wreck) with my 2 kids and 2 more there was no way I could make it sat morning. I went Sunday and tgey argued saying I missed 2 days, I explained that fri shouldn't be my fault and that i called and spoke with the director. She said fine but since I missed sat I still loose one. I said well why last time I missed I had no problem? She said that is not true that its the rule, I said well u can look in the computer and see I picked them all up last time on Sat and countless other Saturdays with no issues except the one time, shhe continued to say there's nothing she can do. I said u can but u won't because obviously u can or the other nurses couldn't have, she th3n starts saying I also missed a Monday and Wednesday ( I get a week take homes so i don't even go those daus) I explained i don't come mon and Wed, she said well that's what the computer says, I said but u see i don't come those days and I just returned my empty bottles which are for those 2 days , she again said that's what the computer says, I got loud and said I don't come those days. ( I was getting loud and she was as well, I never cursed or threatened anyone) so then i could see this was not doing anything so I said please just dose me and I will deal with it with the director tomorrow.

She then kept saying things, I asked again please stop and just dose me so I can leave, and I said maybe all the nurses can have a meeting to go over the rules, she said that's not nessesary we know and follow the rules, I said obviously not and u can see that in the computer. I said so basically since I've never been shown the rule, and noone seems to be able to even explain it, nor is it written anywhere that it seems to me it is not a actual rule but the nurses discretion and if that is the case I have 4 years clean, have done everything right and I shouldn't be having this problem. I said so if a nurse just doesn't feel like it, or wants to be ignorant and not give me my take homes it's fine ( I was not yelling now, also I never cursed, or threatened anyone) so then she says if I don't want to i don't have to dose u, I said I guess do what u want to but I don't see how that would be ok when i only stated how I felt. She said fine them leave.

Now after she refused to dose me i did yell when leaving and said I have 4 years clean on methadone and nothing else and do everything in supposed to and that i don't deserve to be made to go sick because I stood up and stayed how i felt that it was bs and wrong to treat people that way and that this is my life but obviously it's not important and they don't care and said if i relapse and die you should be responsible and they said that would be my doing not tyeirs, which yes, but when you are 3 days sick they are taking the choice away and especially by treating people bad that makes them want to say screw it. Well the next day I called and spoke with the director, I said I guess u hears what happened, she said not really only that the nurse refused to dose u. I told her that i was wrong for being loud, but that in my defense I was never warned to stop or I would not be dosed, or to quiet down, and that i was not threatening or cursing, plus that when she refused to dose me i was no longer even being loud until after she refused to dose me. The director heard a few mins of it, only that, not the whole story, she apologized for that happening and said of I got there soon I could see the Dr and not have my dose lowered hopefully ( since it was my 3rd day missed they usually cut your dose in half and raise it back up 5mgs every other day. )

I saw the Dr and was not lowered at least, and got all my take homes, and that nurse was nice as can be the next day as was the director, but noone higher ever returned my call, the director never got the full story on what happened, they didn't do anything to the nurse that i am aware of, so how was the issue resolved? If I were in the wrong from everything i have read they still shouldn't have refused to dose me but could have put me on a behavioral contract and/or kicked me out. My question is what do i do now? I tried calling the human rights number posted in the clinic and it's not a working number, I tried the other numbers and have still not got a call back ( this happened last sun) ... They are just acting like it's done and I should let it go but they arent the ones who went sick I was, plus I almost said screw it all, and I have been throwing up all week cause of missing those 3 days, then as I said I have explained that i don't come fri cause my husband has to be at work at 7am, they treated me like i was stupid since they open at 5am and said I have plenty of time, that clinic has made him late already 2 times and 3 times in 90 days is termination, well I had no other choice so I went today and was there at 5am, I played and was not flagged for drug test, or anything else, I went to see my counsler to ask for a print out of all the rules I signed and that took 30 mins, she looked up my number and everything in the computer to print that out for me but said nothing about a drug screen, I then wait another 20 mins to get to the window to dose and get my take homes and am told i am flagged for a drug screen ( the should have saw that when i paid or when i saw my counsler ) so I had to go back out and wait for someone to do that, we finally left at 640 am ( so we spent 1 hour and 40 mins there) and my husband was more than 7 mins late yet again so now he is most likely going to be fired.

This is bs, we can't hold a job cause everytime the mess with us ( he is in the clinic as well and also has 4 years and is on the same phase) he has told them everytime and told them he will get fired and that he has but it seems like when he gets another job we both have to do drug test, or meet with counslers, they've had him sighn the same treatment plan 4 times saying he never did and 3 annual appointments cause they always say he didn't do it. So now he lost another job which I am sure they won't care about either. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello Cworth, Welcome!

This is one of our quieter subforums, but don't be discouraged! I'm sorry to hear you had such a hard time, but I am glad you were able to talk to your doctor.

Hopefully, you can continue to rely on your doctor directly?
Old 04-16-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you can.. take control of the situation and get free of the methadone
And all the headache of methadone clinics.......
I hated the control these people had over me I once booked a holiday
And went to pick up my prescription only to be told I had to pick up the second week while I was away on holiday (holidays in the same country)
I decided to reduce and get free after that ...
I'm 20 months clean of all drugs after 25 years on methadone and couple
Of years on antidepressants..
And honestly it wasn't that bad an experience this time ......
I quite smoking drinking coffee alcohol then just reduced to -0- over a twelve month period...after the first 6 days I was sleeping 5 to 6 hours a night ....it's the best thing I ever did .
I go abroad on holidays now and feel fantastic...
Old 06-29-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I empathize with you, I also have experienced how methadone clinic nurses will say whatever they want to you and use their power of holding your dose if they want to against you.This is a screwed up world we live in.People suck.