Notices

Excessive Sweating on Subs/Metahdone

Old 09-30-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Excessive Sweating on Subs/Metahdone

I've been a member of SR for some years and pop by regularly to browse the forums. After years of codeine abuse, (starting legitimately for chronic headaches/migraines after a craniectomy in 1999) I started suboxone November 2013 with several failed cold turkey attempts under my belt.
Inducing at 6mg and eventually increasing to 12mg daily my problem with suboxone has always been excessive sweating. Depression and anxiety are currently consuming me like never before as I am going through a very nasty marriage separation and with another hot, humid Sydney summer fast approaching I was concerned the uncontrollable sweating would prove to much for me to handle. This week I have change over to methadone and although it's early days the methadone hasn't made much difference.
Has anyone else suffered this side affect of suboxone? I would sincerely appreciate hearing how you managed as I am becoming desperate.....

Many thanks

JJ
Old 11-30-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trying to mend

Both of my sons were on methadone for over 5 years. Excessive sweating was one of the side effects they experienced several times a day.
Old 01-25-2018, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I definitely sweated a lot on methadone the only time I can remember
Not sweating to badly was when I tried a vegan diet very low fat not the plastic vegan food you can buy but rice and vegetables beans fruit that sort of thing and drinking lots of water .
I was a keen runner at the time and before the diet my sweet used to feel really thick and sticky .
I no longer take methadone and the problems gone away I still don't eat much meat but do eat a little...
Old 03-17-2018, 10:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been on methadone for 18 months. Sweating is my #1 side effect. I've found that eating/drinking something super cold helps a lot when I start to sweat. My treat of choice is 1/2 of a freezer pop (you could have a whole one, but I try to stay away from too much sugar). I eat it slowly to try to cool off. You can also pack a glass with ice and have cold ice water. The water is probably better for you, but the freezer pops are a lot more fun!