Notices

starting suboxone next week

Old 07-27-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

starting suboxone next week

Hi...this is my first post

I am going in to see doctor next Wednesday to see about getting on suboxone. I have had addiction issues since I was a kid but only the past 3 years with the opiates...rx pills..mainly vicodin and oxycodone. Just wondering what to expect worth the suboxone. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

*with the suboxone.

I have taken it before to help me get thru a few withdrawals but never prescribed or long term...
Old 07-27-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Actually..my bad..I see the other thread about this same thing ..i will just read that...thanks
Old 08-14-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wishing You Succeess

I see that you are starting suboxone. Congratulations on taking the steps to become free of opiates. How is it going so far?
I wish you success.

Cheers!
2Bopiatefree
Old 08-26-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Quit while you are ahead....

Originally Posted by knucklesdad View Post
Hi...this is my first post

I am going in to see doctor next Wednesday to see about getting on suboxone. I have had addiction issues since I was a kid but only the past 3 years with the opiates...rx pills..mainly vicodin and oxycodone. Just wondering what to expect worth the suboxone. Thanks!
Before 53 days ago I was on suboxone for 6 1/2 years. Most of them at 24 mg and the last few at 12 mg. suboxone doctors want to keep you around to get paid, first off so keep that in mind. If you are trying to help yourself DO NOT stay on it for years or even a year for that matter. The sooner you distance yourself from your opiate issue and get off the suboxone the better. The physical withdrawals from suboxone are horrid so make sure you taper down. Do not jump off whatever dose you are on if you decide to go on it because you will literally feel like you are going insane and have paranoid psycitzophrenia. I've been off them 53 days and th last 3 weeks or maybe even 2 since the physical symptoms went away it only got worse with the mental stuff aka the post acute withdrawals. Depression, anxiety, memory problems, not being able to focus EVER. Worst of all the inability to enjoy ANYTHING and I didn't know what that meant until I had to experience it. You literally can't enjoy anything. If I could change one thing in life it would be to go back and learn how to handle life without getting on another drug. Don't let the system beat you. Legal drug dealers have a field day with suboxone and they make out it on with people like me who get this far and give back into it cause they can't outlast all that is bringing them down. Make the right choice.

Last edited by Dee74; 08-26-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

YES, get away from suboxone as fast as humanly possible! I am tapering off that stuff and it is evil! Use it for what it was meant for, to get you past your pain, then drop it like a hot rock and run for the hills! When you are talking to your doctor about taking it, you SHOULD be making a plan to leave it TOO! Speaking from experience here!
Old 08-11-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What to expect?

For me, Suboxone was a miracle drug. I started at 16mg in detox, then 8mg for a month, then 5mg/day for the next few months, then 2 mg for a few months and then 1 mg....then quit.

For those struggling to get off....is your life BETTER on the Suboxone, or with opiods? This is the debate my wife and I had when I wrestled with being "clean" on suboxone. I considered it a medicine, just like I take those for my High Cholesterol. All I know is my QUALITY OF LIFE was 1000% better than when I was insane and on Opiates.

IMO, take it as long as you need too!
Old 08-13-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Suboxone NOT for long-term

I have battles with opiate addiction for 19 years now (from T-3's to tar. ANY opiate) and the last 3 years I have been on suboxone 16mg per day (strip in the morning, strip in the evening.) While on suboxone, I thought I was good. Got into a relationship, working, projects at home and all. Well life happens and I couldn't afford my suboxone doctor anymore ($6,000/year). 18 days ago I stopped taking my suboxone. The first 2 weeks off of it was the WORST detox I have ever been through. I used " unconventional" ways to ease the withdraw after the first week. I 100% support using suboxone in a treatment center setting and only as a stepping stone getting off opiates, but suboxone should not be used for long term . In my honest opinion love you all