Notices

Suboxone withdrawal

Old 06-29-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone withdrawal

I had a question for those that have taken Suboxone. I have read a lot about how hard it is to withdrawal from this medication. But, my question is...my husband was in detox 2 weeks ago mainly to get off of Suboxone. He states that they gave him higher doses of Soboxone which made him very sick and then tapered him off in the 7 days he was there. It's now been about a week and a half since he's stopped taking it. The last few days he tells me (we are currently separated) he has been vomiting from withdrawals. Shouldn't this phase of the withdrawal be over now? I've read withdrawals can last for months, but vomiting? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry for what brings you here. Since no one else has responded I will at least attempt to.

Obviously you just want to know is your husband okay / doing better and there is no way I can really tell you one way or another. We are not doctors and don't know how much he was on and for how long or how much they gave him in detox (more seems very odd though from my experience, but again just my experience).

I have been on Suboxone. Never went to detox for it. It definitely builds up in your system and has a long half life so takes a while to leave your system. Especially if you have been taking it a while (9 days to completely leave your system is not unheard of). So I can't say either way good or bad.

He is a grown up and you are not there to monitor him nor should you be. Hopefully he is done and ready for a change, but that is up to him. Take care of yourself. Time will definitely tell you where he is at. Things might slowly get better or quickly get worse. Hopefully he is still seeing a doctor regularly, but again that is on him.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Sorry for what brings you here. Since no one else has responded I will at least attempt to.

Obviously you just want to know is your husband okay / doing better and there is no way I can really tell you one way or another. We are not doctors and don't know how much he was on and for how long or how much they gave him in detox (more seems very odd though from my experience, but again just my experience).

I have been on Suboxone. Never went to detox for it. It definitely builds up in your system and has a long half life so takes a while to leave your system. Especially if you have been taking it a while (9 days to completely leave your system is not unheard of). So I can't say either way good or bad.

He is a grown up and you are not there to monitor him nor should you be. Hopefully he is done and ready for a change, but that is up to him. Take care of yourself. Time will definitely tell you where he is at. Things might slowly get better or quickly get worse. Hopefully he is still seeing a doctor regularly, but again that is on him.
Thank you so much...you are right, I'm not there to monitor him and time will tell like you said. Thank you, I needed to hear this.