Notices

long-term suboxone withdrawal

Old 02-26-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question long-term suboxone withdrawal

anyone have any secrets i don't know about for getting of long-term suboxone? I have been on it for 15 years now. tried cold-turkey twice and weaning myself off it twice, but both times the w/d was so bad and lasted so long i just got back on it again. the longest I went was alsmost 6mos clean, going to meetings and everything, but the physical w/d was still there so i gave up. my dr said not only do some people just need to stay on it the rest of their lives, but also maybe because i have been on it so long. I really want to move back to Knoxville, TN but the sub drs in TN charge $300/month cash no matter what insurance you have so i couldn't afford to stay there. back in MI now where my insurance covers both drs and pharm, but i don't want to be stuck in MI the rest of my life so i want to try getting off them again this year. any hints, tips, secrets would be greatly appreciated. a friend who was on subs for a few years told me he took DMT and after that just quit cold turkey and went through about 6-8mos of feeling like ****, but the DMT experience was spiritually enlightening enough to keep him from getting back on subs. I know where to get DMT, but am sorta scared to try it, i haven't "tripped" in about 10 years now. anyway, anyone else who is on long-term subs feel free to message me, i don't know anyone else who has gone through this other than the DMT guy.