Notices

11 days clean and counting

Old 06-16-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

11 days clean and counting

Im currently on day 11 being free from methadone and was wondering when does it get easier?? I haven't had a full nights sleep since then and Im getting desperate. I work full time as well as going to college part time which just makes the whole thing that much harder. Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated 😊
Old 06-16-2015, 04:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Zoe

I have no experience to share but I wanted to let you know that early recovery is always hard - but things won't always be like this...

things do get better...few of us could stand being clean and sober if it stayed like this.

Hang in there

D
Old 06-16-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dee,

Thanks for your kind words. Its been a long road, herion for 3 years and then methadone for a year and a half up until this point with no one really to talk to who understands addiction. None of my family or close friends have any idea, the only person I have told is my partner who I have now been with for 5months and he has never touched drugs so finds it hard to understand how Im feeling. Ive got this far on my own but just feel l cant stay clean without support
Zoe
Old 06-16-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll find a lot of support and hope here. Zoe.
I'm glad you found us

D
Old 06-16-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Unfortunately it is going to take a couple of months, but each day will slowly get better. Did you taper slowly? Congrats!!!
Old 06-16-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah I did it extreamly slowly due to working etc as cant afford the time off. From 60ml to 5ml in a year and a half so didnt think it would be this rough. Dont get me wrong I know it could be worse I have experienced alot worse withdrawals but I think its just the mental side of it and it seems to be never ending. Never feel relaxed, always on edge and the bad nights sleep are taking there toll 😕
Old 06-16-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Zoe congrats to you on your 11 days! Wow that is such a huge accomplishment! You say it took you a year to taper? That's a long time!

You are at the tail end it looks like....shouldn't be long before you start feeling better I would think. I know methadone has a long half-life, which is probably why you still can't sleep after 11 days. I'm no expert and haven't completed my own taper off sub yet. But from all the threads I've read it looks like any day now you should be sleeping better and feeling better.

(((Zoe)))) you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

11 Days is fantastic Zoe!!
Old 06-17-2015, 02:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! 😊 Yeah it did take me a while. Ive actually been on methadone for around 4years now as I would also smoke herion ontop of my script but I haven't touched that stuff since new years day 2014 I can proudly say 😊 I went down from 60ml to 30ml in about 3months then it started getting hard when I decided to start college on top of my job so I stayed at 30ml for around 6months. I haven't timed it too well with finishing college in two weeks but Im finally starting to feel Im free from this hell which is giving me very mixed feelings as I thought I would be so happy but then I realise addiction will always play a part in my life due to having a very addictive personality. Herion was not the start of my of my addictions. I am starting to think its time to poor all the methadone I have down the toilet though 😊