Notices

1st time poster,1st time withdrawing...looking for support

Old 11-24-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st time poster,1st time withdrawing...looking for support

Hi,
Thank you All,as your postings have helped me research getting clean thus giving me the confidence to know I can...
As I type this I am 3 hours away from completing day 5
off Oxycodone. Snorted every day for last 2.5 years, for 20 months maintained
A 15mg nightly habit for the high, stopped for 6 -7weeks cause I was in Costa Rica and had no access and more felt the benzo detox.... Came home started oxy use again,over last 8 months progressively worked myself up topping out at last 6 weeks at 90mg...I am otherwise a healthy/healthnut 41yo male
WITHDRAWING: I got to end of day 2-48 hours clean before trying to go to bed and getting severe RLS and took 2mg suboxone. Woke up day next day with springs on my feet like It was best day of my life and you would think I was running for mayor walking down the beach....36 hours later at the beginning of day 4 I didn't feel I needed it but took 1mg of suboxone , issues were actually severe heavy chest with panic and Xanax(pre existing but this has worsened condition)..got really racy and a little dizzy from it and regretted it. It's now been 33 hours since suboxone use....severe anxiety, sweating feet and hands and wiggling toes BUT I GOT THIS(positive thinking not cocky or naive to what may be coming)Not much craving even before sub use...I really want to take Xanax more than anything, I have been on for most of last 12 years(1mg nightly) refuse to take during day when I am actually having attack i just want to Sleep through the night and escape my never ending negative/fearful racing thoughts has always been my issue
RECAP:2mg suboxone at 48 hours then 1 mg at 86 hours(didn't feel need for)
Currently at 118 hours...

Question: Can I continue suboxone 50% taper (if needed) at this rate successfully????? i understand half life and higher risk of relapse with short term taper but is the physical **** gotta wack me in face again if i discontinue, or am I through the worse and subs is for the PAWS which I fear and respect to all hell,
And so scared to wake up tomorrow to, but then again all I do is live my life in fear,my plan is to see doctor this week after I research best mood stabilizer and which is long over due (for Xanax/panic/possibly depression)
And respect so much worse than anything
Please tell me your thoughts and I welcome(more like beg) for your support

Thank you and God BLess
Old 11-25-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There is no right or wrong answer for you. But don't let the 36 hours feel good post suboxone fool you. Suboxone is designed to be effective for at least 24 hours so that someone on suboxone only has to take once a day. Breaking the ritual of taking drugs multiple times a day is every bit as important as holding off withdrawal. Some people can make it 48-60 hours before starting to feel the effects of suboxone serum levels dropping.

Remember that suboxone is really designed as a tool to help someone stop using their drug of choice. The hope is to get someone on suboxone, stop their fear of physical withdrawal so they can work on the psychological issues that lead them to take their full opiate agonist in the first place. Once those emotional issues are dealt with then one can reasonably deal with the physical aspect of withdrawal and begin the taper process from suboxone. That is generally the "label" use of suboxone. Now. Some people do try to use it as a detox tool for a short time.

Do you need it? Who knows only you can answer. If you were able to stop while in Costa Rica and live. Then I would suggest that you would be better off leaving suboxone behind. If you can't put down opiates for good or continue to relapse, then suboxone use may be good for you while you get some counseling or other support to help deal with the emotional reasons you take oxy. Just remember. Us opie addicts have to pay the physical piper at some point. Is it after we quit oxy or after we quit sub?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for your input,
Being that i dont have addictive personality typically and scared of subs,
i guess instead of letting my symptoms dictate the dose of subs I am
Deciding on which dose I am comfortable with mentally and making myself adjust to that dosage.
48 hrs-2mg
84hrs-1mg(36 hrs between dose)
124hrs-.5mg(40 hrs between dose)
Currently at 153 hours(29 hours between doses)
I think at some point today I will be taking .25mg and then
Maintain at that increasing times between doses .

I wish I had clonidine as I feel that with my Xanax that could help with RLS,sweating palms and feet, hot flashes, and Amplified anxiety and panic
And I got ride out time between subs even further. I'm calling a reputable
Shrink today and hopefully can get some get a proper diagnose to my existing issues and get on a mood stabilizer to help with depression/racing thoughts/anxiety, and medicate my issues correctly with a non narcotic, if necessary in conjunction with holistic remedies, really hoping to make a smooth transition off subs into mood stabilizer to deal with PAWS.
I might have to stop reading the stats that Opiate relapse is almost guaranteed
Because I get mad and I'm determined and positive I can beat this, and want to be one of those people who beats this and never looks back, I like the fellowship of NA and AA but I don't want to be a lifer there, I want to apply my mind to work and hobbies, but use if needed,that being said I think i will always feel a conviction to share my story and reach out to those in need.
I just never did anything as far as drugs or drinking in excess until numbing myself on the blues cause I enjoyed being in control and not feeling ****** after intake, so I truly believe I can beat this.
GOD BLESS ALL
Old 11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stats do not take in to account individual
Human beings. So take them with a grain of salt.

Like you I NEVER messed with anything until I was 40 years old and discovered pain pills. Now they have me by the short and curlies. But. Like you. I will NOT be a lifer on them not a lifer on SUB.
I know my underlying cause. The only question is how to deal with it. I have a shrink for that when I am ready to get serious.