SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/suboxone-methadone-maintenance-detox/)
-   -   Positive Suboxone detox experience in only 5 days! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/suboxone-methadone-maintenance-detox/302973-positive-suboxone-detox-experience-only-5-days.html)

Insanity4life 08-03-2013 03:13 PM

Positive Suboxone detox experience in only 5 days!

Fifteen days ago I ended up 'jumping' from 1mg of Suboxone after an unsuccessful taper. I am in day 15 of detox and can assure you that coming off Subs are far less painful than detoxing from opiates. That is, if you are 110% ready, willing & committed to leading a sober life. More importantly, it is imperative that you can embrace the detox by accepting it merely as a 'Healing Process'. The longer amount of time between each detox does make the process less painful. From my experience this really only goes with Suboxone. I've tapered successfully on 5 occasions in a period of 5 months, yet relapsed every time. This is primarily due to running out of Subs since I got them on the street & not from a doctor. The longest I stayed clean was for a month. I finally decided to accept help and found a Suboxone program because I just couldn’t do it on my own. Although this particular program felt like an inconvenience, I made every effort I could to make group & individual therapy sessions, but was often late or absent due to having ADD to deal with as well. It just seemed like a part-time job which made it difficult to engage in activities that I found to be more therapeutic in allowing me to move forward. I just felt that group therapy especially, only delayed my success in achieving complete sobriety. To be honest, the last thing I need to hear are life stories of each individuals experience (I have plenty of my own after 14 years of using) or even worse, other prevailing mental issues such as hearing voices only to be perceived as the devil. I'm sorry but I just don't see how someone else’s problems are helpful when I have my own issues to deal with. I seriously felt that it delayed my progress in recovery, although for others it is beneficial so I’m not saying it’s a waste of time. It just wasn’t conductive therapy for me personally. The biggest thing I believe helped is time, primarily the amount of time participating in the program. It allowed me to find the proper chemical balance in my brain and remain level headed through the most irritating of circumstances. The individual therapy greatly helped me to begin finding out whom I really was as a person and why I let my addiction take over my personality.

After I had maintained suboxone treatment for an entire year, I felt for the first time that I was seriously ready to move on. I honestly believe, as well as have read, that the longer a person is on suboxone maintenance the greater chance they have to truly remain sober. This gives your brain proper time to heal by stabilizing our emotions through the chemicals in our brain. This is especially important considering most of us eagerly hopped on what seemed to be a simple, yet innocent ride on a roller coaster, only to find ourselves enduring the insane ride for years with no end in sight. The amount of hoops & loops, ups, downs, & flying around proved to be more than a cheap thrill; but rather a highly expensive & addictive emotional Hell that took us further from our healthy state of normality through each ill passing day. It was inevitable that our ability to just stop & make the rational decision to simply get off became our biggest disability by far.
Moving on to the actual detox….

I successfully tapered down to 1mg from 6 in two months w/o withdrawals. I had every intention to taper much slower into the month of October. Unfortunately, like most, I ended up 'jumping' off the suboxone when I ran out. The best way is to get down to the smallest dose possible before jumping. If you have the willpower to do so, a slow taper over 4-5 months is what I've read to be the best. Once I received my last script I immediately began taking 3mg instead of the 6 as prescribed. I had no symptoms of withdrawal on the 3mg & to be completely honest I felt 10xs better mentally & physically.

I continued taking 3mg a day for about 2 weeks which I split into 2 doses: 1.5mg around Noon & 1.5 in the evening a few hours before going to sleep. I rarely took an a.m. dose, but when I did it would only be due to feeling slightly nauseous. This was the only 'w/d symptom' I encountered while reducing to 3 mgs, but I hardly believe it to be considered w/d's considering how tolerable it was in comparison to the real thing.

After 2 weeks I began taking 2 mgs a day & of course felt even better than the previous 2 weeks. I took the 2mgs (1mg 2x/day) for 2 weeks before cutting the dose in half once again.

I still felt much better and had not one symptom of withdrawal while maintaining a 1mg/day dose. I started with .5 2x/day and within one week I chose to take a 1mg dose daily to cut down on the habit of taking a dose. This worked great for me so I took 1mg daily for a month without being strict with my taper schedule. I knew all along I would have to jump off at one point which helped me to mentally prepare for it when the time came. I never dwelled on how many I had left or tried to guess in advance when I would be in withdrawals. Anticipation makes it worse! Eventually the time came where my suboxone maintenance ended, the very moment I took my last 1 mg dose. I wasn't mad, irritated, anxious or sad after my last dose. Instead, I remained calm and with a level head I was finally able to say 'I'm Done.' When my family asked how my taper was going, I was able to say I'm on day 7 without them. They're exact words were, 'so your done then!" No questioning it, it was just You’re Done, it's over, time to move forward!
The biggest thing I've read about quitting suboxone is being plagued with fatigue and depression. Well this couldn't be truer! However, they can both be limited in severity and duration. For very few people, these can be eliminated; well the depression can be at least. I would highly suggest consulting with your doctor about getting on an antidepressant if you aren't on one already. After you’ve been on a constant dose for a few months, your symptoms of depression during detox will greatly be reduced or possibly even nonexistent. This does not mean you need to stay on it forever either, when you feel ready then taper off the med. I've been on wellbutrin for about a year and I know it has helped me tremendously with recovery.

The second most important thing that worked for me was exercise! Knowing I would be quitting suboxone I began a vigorous and strict exercise program months before my detox would come. I had purchased the Insanity program a year prior, yet never committed to it more than a week. Well just over two months ago I began the program knowing it was something I HAD to do. So needless to say I finished Insanity while having withdrawals at their worst. All I kept saying to myself was 'F***You suboxone, I won't let you take this away from me!' I had worked so hard to get to where I was that absolutely nothing was going to keep me from checking off that last day on the Insanity calendar! I worked out every day during withdrawals at the highest intensity I could. Days 2-4 were near impossible due to the tremendous amount of fatigue that plagued over me. A one hour workout took me 2.5 hrs. to complete. I was not satisfied whatsoever so I refused to check them off & repeated them again when I regained my energy. My doc prescribed me buspirone to ease the symptoms of w/d, but that med was the very reason I couldn't breathe, not to mention it listed a major drug reaction with suboxone. Needless to say I quit taking it after 3 days.

This is what my daily experiences were like during my detox from suboxone:

Day 1: No Suboxone....I was fine until about 2 pm, and then I was just plain tired & slept the day/night away.

Day 2: Worked out, very weak & dizzy. Felt tired, faint & 'off' that afternoon. It wasn't until about 6 or 7 that the feeling of wanting to crawl out of my skin began. This is by far the worst for me. I took lyrica at night to sleep. This also eliminates symptoms of w/d as well.

Day 3: Was very tired and lethargic, yet still worked out. Creepy crawly feeling came back about 5pm, took more lyrica.

Day 4: Still tired and still worked out. Lyrica again for sleep & symptoms in evening

Day 5: Energy improved, workout became easier, only needed Lorazepam for sleep. Creepy crawly feeling was gone by day 5.

Day 6: Energy continues to increase and I feel back to normal, just needed lorazepam for sleep until day 8 due to taking an extra dose of Dexedrine/Adderall in order to push through my days.

The only symptom I’ve had for two weeks now is nausea & upset stomach. Nauzene & Tums helped greatly. During this period I did not want to eat anything, but it's imperative in recovering quicker. Stay away from dairy and sugar, they will make you feel worse! I did however force myself to drink ensure once a day while maintaining the B.R.A.T diet still at day 15. My stomach has yet to return back to its original state however, the bananas, rice, applesauce & toast help tremendously. Bananas in particular have plenty of potassium which will reduce restless legs. I actually ate one every hour or two for the first 3 days. The aforementioned foods won't make you run to the bathroom like others. It actually helps with that issue. I myself did not take any loperemide or similar medication. The brat diet took care of that, besides the last thing I wanted to do was keep the very thing in my body that I was detoxing from. It just prolongs the process! Make sure you drink water and as much as you possibly can! You need to flush the toxins out every way you can, and sweating is very productive in doing so. Not to mention, the exercise increases your body’s endorphins which certainly speed up the recovery process.

With the above said, suboxone withdrawals are NOT as bad as many people say. I strongly believe that all the negative encounters posted during sub detox, came from those who were not absolutely certain, &/or ready to quit. I firmly believe that YOU & YOU ALONE have ALL the POWER in determining the outcome of your detox. Your power is simply your attitude! Trust me, I went through countless withdrawals, most of which my negative attitude made every aspect of detox worse. I’ve blamed others, especially doctors for my inability to accept life without opiates. I even signed out of detox because the doctor wouldn’t give me the amount of suboxone I felt was sufficient for me. With a negative attitude I created symptoms far worse than I ever developed in hopes to simply get another dose! Well that idea went down the sh*tt*r real quick! It became obvious that I’d get my dose off the street long before the doctor would give me another dose. Unfortunately because of my negativity the doctor misdiagnosed me as having bipolar disorder which made it even harder to find help. I certainly would advise against negativity at all costs, your results will be proven with more efficiency than you ever thought possible if you can put your ego & all stubbornness aside. I am one stubborn individual and feel like my way is always best. It got me nowhere fast in terms of recovery & many bridges were burned. It wasn’t until the maintenance program that my attitude turned around. The power of a positive mind will get you through sub detox with minimal pain possible. If it wasn’t for my change in attitude I certainly would have relapsed by now & I’m finally thankful to have grown past my own demon of negativity.

It’s simple, yet amazing how changing something as simple as your attitude can make great changes in your life. It also helps when you know how to effectively manage the symptoms and push through them. I was on 6-8mgs daily for a year then jumped from 1mg/day for a month and was back to normal by day 5 (minus my stomach still feeling crappy) that can easily be managed, even eliminated through a strict diet & with the help of Nauzene or Tums.

Forget any negative experiences you’ve heard or read about and forget everything you know about suboxone! The SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing you need to know about the detox process is this: YOUR POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING RENDERS YOUR SUCCESS. NOBODY CAN DO IT FOR YOU BECAUSE THE POWER LIES WITHIN YOU & YOURSELF ONLY. THE NEXT BEST THING IS KNOW HOW TO MANAGE EACH SYMPTOM ACCORDINGLY. DO THIS AND YOU JUST MAY VERY WELL BE DONE WITH SUBOXONE & DETOXED THROUGH THE MAJOR SYMPTOMS IN ONLY 5 DAYS.

*If any of my comments may have been a little too blunt or forthcoming, I apologize. They are not in any way meant to be derogatory or demeaning towards any particular individual or personality type. They are simply my personal, yet firm opinions which I’ve gathered from personal experience and are only meant provide depiction in detail regarding my Suboxone experience and recovery.* Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments regarding suboxone maintenance and detox. There are numerous omitted tips as well gained through experience and research.

cleaninLI 08-05-2013 07:42 AM

Insanity,
I just want to thank you for your post! It is very inspiring. I am frozen at 6mgs on my taper. I want to take it down to 4mgs, but for some reason have gotten cold feet. You mentioned you never felt wds and actually felt better when you went from 6 to 3 right? Alright, I think I'm ready to take that dive!

Insanity4life 08-07-2013 04:55 PM

I personally felt like I had more control over my life when I cut it down to 3mgs. Suboxone, I now realize was the very reason my ADD became worse (put me into hyperfocus), regardless of changing meds or increasing the dose. Ironically enough, I was let go from the Suboxone program because I couldn't meet their expectations of arriving on time, (or showing up at all for that matter) for both group & individual sessions.

I don't recall any significant symptoms when dropping to the 3mgs. If anything, I would've experienced mild nausea only. Not everyone will be as lucky considering all factors involved. I took 24mgs daily for about a year and a half while in an abusive relationship. This was back in 2008-'09. Before seeing the doctor in 2012 I only took 2-4mgs at most. He prescribed 8 mgs a day & had said that he has never had a patient on such a low maintenance dose! Six months down the road he reduced it to 6mgs although I continued to tell him it was more than I needed.

If you can't tolerate cutting mgs in half, then I'd suggest cutting 1 mg over a period of 1-2weeks, or what you're comfortable with. Just continue doing so until you're at your goal. If you are absolutely certain that you want to be wholeheartedly committed, the process will be easier. It's a habit that is hard to break, but the only way to successfully overcome a negative vice is to replace it with one that promotes your health or overall wellbeing. Exercise is the single best anti-depressant, yet it is widely underutilized. If I hadn't committed to the Insanity exercise program I honestly don't believe I would've been as successful. It became a daily priority of mine and eventually became more important than that dose of Suboxone. Find things you enjoy and start making those part of your daily routine, trust me, it will make the thought of living a sober life that much more appealing to you. When you do more things for yourself, or become independent (not just from drugs, but anything in life), your life will become brighter and motivation will eventually drive that desire to use right out of your life.

nomentum 10-24-2013 04:11 PM

@Insanity: I'm very happy that it worked out for you. Good for you for toughing it out.

opentorecieve 11-01-2013 03:42 PM

I love love love positive suboxone stories! My tapering was very similar in that I felt no unease actually BETTER as I tapered from 6 all the way to 2.

crypticsmell 11-04-2013 07:09 AM

First post on any type of website like this, so hello all. Never thought I needed to reach out to anyone, always thought myself to be too strong to realize that talking to others and opening up might actually help. I've been tapering down off of subutex since july. got my last script back then. started the taper at 2 mgs, got cold feet to go any lower until I got to my last five or so, and that was about....5 weeks ago I'd say? So I've managed to stretch it out to 1, maybe 1.5, even .5, unsure the exact amounts, the way they break up is not very helpful. Anyways. Today will be my last day of taking a dose, or having any at all for that matter, and reading the story you posted insanity has really helped qualm my nerves abit. I wish I hadn't waited so long to start tapering until I had such a little amount left, but hopefully this won't be as bad as I've heard and read from people. I'm just ready to be clean and 100000000% sober. Even when I was taking subutex I've always still felt "dirty," like I traded one addiction for the other, despite all the good it has done for me. Anyways, I appreciate your story insanity, hopefully my detox goes as well as your did, but either way, I'm just so tired of this s***. I'm ready to have my life back. And that's all I got I guess.

Noelle14 11-04-2013 08:58 AM

Hey, cryptic. Hope you're doing well. What dose are you taking before you jump? And please let me know how everything goes. I'm trying to taper from 2mgs as well

crypticsmell 11-04-2013 09:57 AM

Well my last dose will be tonight before i hit the sack, but i tapered from 2mgs to i'd say anywhere to .5 to 1mg, give or take. those pills are hard to effectively dole out when you break them down into pieces like that. i'll say it like this, i've been able to make an 8 mg subutex last me a week, so I'll call it at 1mg or so. I plan on keeping a personal journal of the ordeal. Actually just sat down and typed out of my story of how i got into opiates and the sub and how the past four years on it have been some of the best and worst moments of my life. I'm just ready to be clean. Completely. I've never been to a sub doc, always scored off the street because it was a cheap way to get high. But I will say this, I'd probably be dead if I had kept on with the other opiods i was doing instead. It at least allowed me to get high for a little while and function, and then not by high at all but at least function. Good luck to you as well.

crypticsmell 11-04-2013 12:56 PM

don't know about anyone else but does anyone else get the yawns like a mofo when they are trying to come off of this stuff? i have been yawning all day but im not tired

Marcus 11-04-2013 01:28 PM

The yawns are a typical opiate withdrawal symptom. Along with watery eyes and sneezing like crazy for me. Those were usually more of the early onset symptoms. When I started yawning I knew it was on. It will pass! Keep up the good work!!!

bugzycapone 11-24-2014 10:13 AM

I was on suboxone on the street for 3 years. Usually taking a 2 -4 mg a day to keep from doing pain pills.

My first time I quit I found out my daughter was being born. It was Christmas Eve day 2012. I did not touch anything until July 2014 thanks to getting some medication for Oral Surgery.

So I was back off the wagon on Suboxone again....I am now 5 days clean. I am going to agree the with OP's message. ITS NOT THAT BAD. Yes, the first couple of days are hell and sleeping can be terrible. You get the tightness in your chest that just wakes you up,and your legs have the "growing pains" feeling. Remember the pains you had as a kid during puberty? YES, its extremely similar in feeling.

You have to keep focused, you have to been moving..you have to keep your willpower. Soboxone/Subutex is the dmn fkin Devil son, and thats it. Methadone, all of it..its the Devil and when he grabs thats it.

But for those quitting, get you a few Valium..yes yes I know your tired and groggy, and some of you have children and important lives (like I do), but do you want to sit around with clammy hands and anxiety busting out of your chest? NO. But please please please be responsible. Marijuana can help a bit BUT DONT GET OVERSTONED. Getting overstoned can make you very paranoid and make your heart race worse because marijuana helps your mind focus on a certain thing, thats just the way it works.

So at night, take a valium, smoke a couple tokes, try to relax and it will pass. The first time I remember it literally took a month for me to get energy back (TBH I never really got my full energy back anyways, but I am 30 years old and we aren't 21 when we started taking drugs anymore). The pain pills, subozone, methadone..it gets on your bones..it gets in your joints and it eats them away, along with destroying your liver.

I am now on day 5, and I will never touch another Suboxone again in my life.. TBH.. Its not that GD bad..

Congratulations on everybody in their road to recovery, I sure need help on mine...

Its Christmas time, we need to focus on our children..and not our ******* habits, lets get clean everyone, lets not be a bunch of deadbeat junkies.

And thats my story...

nodl5 11-28-2014 06:54 AM

day 5 for the dozenth time here. this is typically when things get nutty.

this post is very similar to my experiences. i was able to taper to 1.3mg this summer and right before the grass stopped growing, 2 subs lasted me two weeks. i had never felt better in my 5 and a half year battle with subs/opiates. however after getting to 1.3, the situation got complicated. the grass stopped growing so i could not make a bit of weekly money and getting the subs got complicated too.

i have managed to get subs in spurts, but it seems after i have been off them for 4, 5, or 6 days i do more when i do finally get them again. one 8mg strip lasts 4 days, so it's not like i take the whole thing. the sporadic on and off has been a real pain. but i am getting used to it. i tried tapering to 1mg and it just didn't work due to time. when i got below 2mg, which took months i thought it would be cake, but the whole taper is now messed up... so again i'm thinking just stop now and get it over with! but i am thinking i'll feel better at some point but my goodness, this an exercise in tenacity.

after reading this post i feel better about staying the course, i know people have quit this stuff and they lead okay lives. so... children's chewable vitamins, exercise, and water. i am so tired of having to take something to fell normal. i am able to get little work done each day, but i'll be back in bed here soon today.

quitting smoking was tough till about 90 days, it's been over a year now and the same with alcohol, will be a year in january. so i am not new to quitting something. subs are so physically exhausting and then paws! 90 days of physical seems way too long. i figured i would try at least 6 weeks, but oh man! i heard 21 days is like magic... yeah well.... this time has been the least painful, so things are getting better the paws seem less, but the sub thing is more drawn out.

anyway... i don't talk about subs in AA, so it was good to come here and see this post and get this out.

thanks.

nodl5 11-29-2014 07:14 AM

follow up for day 6: today has been great, so far...

last time i made it this far, about 3 weeks ago, it was not good and i went and got something.

i can see that i was confused yesterday by reading my post. however, i feel better today. obviously, it's not been enough time to experience actual paws, since i am supposedly in the acute phase still. but i don't seem to have the "my life will suck forever" mentality, which was sort of how it was yesterday and definitely the day before. i don't have crawling skin, numb fingers nor too much general anxiety, a little bit though, some hot and coldness and of course i am tired and the pull of gravity is a bit strong. mostly it's a sort of a mindlessness, that i can overcome by concentrating on things a bit, but best of all, I have been laughing today!

this actually concerns me since it is a bit unexpected. but i hardly use subs like i used to and perhaps this is the break i have been waiting for. it took me two and half years to quit drinking (and i say that knowing that i am not cured of alcoholism). so i know these things don't just happen. i've been trying to quit subs for quite a while too so... and i used subs to quit opiates, yada yada. actually i joined SR when i first made a real effort to quit drinking.

it goes back to the op, it's a lot about attitude. i'm not the most curious animal in the world today, but i am reading and thinking of things to get done. i know it will get better and exercise is a real important aspect to this process. i'm not going to bike across town, but i am avoiding the bed as long as i can.

i should be more vigilant in SR to help the process of healing from this horrible monster. AA is okay, but i have more freedom to voice things here. i live in a reasonably sized town, but AA isn't the best here. still it's okay..

heyzeus 12-01-2014 07:31 PM

I know i am going to need some help.I am on 20 mg of bup - down from 16 just recently. mydr wanted me on 24 from day 1, was very pushy about that. I had huge reactions from the drug and still do, it is obviously a dose that is far too strong. but, i know i am addicted to it just as i was opiates.
i have no fear of real relapse because i have cut all ties with everybody i knew and it was doctors i was getting my drugs from (due to pain).
i dont have it in me to play that game again, and now sub/bup is part of my record and i am glad for that - it would make returning to pills much harder.
but, i really dont trust these sub dr's. most of them are very flaky, fly by night types who act like they are doing something illegal.
they dont take checks or credit cards or anything with a record. they behave like drug dealers accepting only cash or western union. their offices and cellphones are obviously temporary. and i dont know what they are hiding from, but i strongly feel they cannot be trusted.
i say this because my doc got me on a very high dose (and i listened, like an idiot), and now she misses appointments, fills scrips late, and does not take her pracice that seriously all of a sudden. i would not be suprised if she vanished one day, leaving me to fend on my own.
and...because she pushes my monthly refills to the very limit i have no reserve.
i am out today, and she did not show up for her appointment.
i am not freaking out yet, but i am assuming within a day or so she will show up, call me and we will continue to play this game until I MYSELF decide to taper off the stuff and quit.
i am thinking i need to start very very soon. like now.
seriously, what would i do if i went from 20-16-nothing in a day?
i am not asking for medical advice, just conversing - conjecture. :-)
i think its time for a taper. glad it works in a positive way for others. i have hope...

heyzeus 12-07-2014 07:00 PM

so, hoew is the process going?

LeeLee12 01-21-2015 11:57 AM

I am just a gf of a person who takes suboxone. But I really appreciate all of your input on this topic. My bf has gone from 4mg to 1.5 in a year. I am praying he can get up enough will power to kick it all together real soon!!

LeeLee12 01-22-2015 11:27 AM

The above msg i made a mistake he has gone from taking 16mg to 14 mg as of yesterday..... had the above post 01/21/15 incorrect.

How hard will it be to go to next step? how many months to go down certain amounts?? PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND SOMEONE... THANKS

genisis 02-18-2015 05:14 AM

I think it's possible for him to do it I went from one and a half so that is 12 milligrams down to 4 milligrams in a week then 3 milligrams for 5 days then on February 9th I took my last 4 milligrams then went cold turkey the first three days aren't that bad because it's still in your system for on a 72 hours then days 4 5 & 6that's when it gets bad I stayed in bed then do you get sad did you go to your doctor and ask him for some clonidine it helps with the adrenaline and with the withdrawals now today is February 18th I went to the gym yesterday I ran for 30 minutes the day before that it was hard to leave the house but I went out and got a massage the deal is you want to get your endorphins and all those serotonin levels in your brain back to normal again and you have to exercise lift weights and right now I'm not a hundred percent but you know I'm tryingyou gotta try to think positive I know it's hard but you gotta do it and I'm struggling with that also so I mean good luck any questions you know I'll be happy to answer

genisis 02-18-2015 05:19 AM

how are you.

hi i read your quote I wanted to know how you are doing I'm on day 11 right now I managed to go to the gym yesterday February 9th was the day I stopped I went cold turkey it was hard how do you feel mentallyany advice

Originally Posted by nodl5 (Post 5044736)
day 5 for the dozenth time here. this is typically when things get nutty.

this post is very similar to my experiences. i was able to taper to 1.3mg this summer and right before the grass stopped growing, 2 subs lasted me two weeks. i had never felt better in my 5 and a half year battle with subs/opiates. however after getting to 1.3, the situation got complicated. the grass stopped growing so i could not make a bit of weekly money and getting the subs got complicated too.

i have managed to get subs in spurts, but it seems after i have been off them for 4, 5, or 6 days i do more when i do finally get them again. one 8mg strip lasts 4 days, so it's not like i take the whole thing. the sporadic on and off has been a real pain. but i am getting used to it. i tried tapering to 1mg and it just didn't work due to time. when i got below 2mg, which took months i thought it would be cake, but the whole taper is now messed up... so again i'm thinking just stop now and get it over with! but i am thinking i'll feel better at some point but my goodness, this an exercise in tenacity.

after reading this post i feel better about staying the course, i know people have quit this stuff and they lead okay lives. so... children's chewable vitamins, exercise, and water. i am so tired of having to take something to fell normal. i am able to get little work done each day, but i'll be back in bed here soon today.

quitting smoking was tough till about 90 days, it's been over a year now and the same with alcohol, will be a year in january. so i am not new to quitting something. subs are so physically exhausting and then paws! 90 days of physical seems way too long. i figured i would try at least 6 weeks, but oh man! i heard 21 days is like magic... yeah well.... this time has been the least painful, so things are getting better the paws seem less, but the sub thing is more drawn out.

anyway... i don't talk about subs in AA, so it was good to come here and see this post and get this out.

thanks.

LeeLee12 02-19-2015 05:23 AM

I pray for each and every one of you for even trying to tamper. I dont know you but am very proud of you!!

Thank you for responding.