Notices

1st time withdrawal question. please read

Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1st time withdrawal question. please read

Hi, try to keep this short. Car accident led to addiction of opiates. Currently on 240 perc tens and 180 roxicodne 15mg. Worked my way up to this dosage starting 1 1/2 year ago. Want off these. Just tired of it all. Friend at work has a subscription for SUBOXONE. Says he will give me a few pills and if i take them for 5days.during my opiate withdrawal that i will have very little w/d and after day 5 stop the suboxone as well. Is it really this easy. Ive heard all about had bad w/d is. Is what he saying to good to be true. 1St day on here. Thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Teapot

by our rules, we can't give you medical advice here.

Thats in your best interests - none of us are Drs and none of us know anything about you.

Your best best for medical advice is always a Dr.

I think that's a better safer way to go than get prescribed drugs off someone else.

D
Old 01-12-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teapot View Post
Hi, try to keep this short. Car accident led to addiction of opiates. Currently on 240 perc tens and 180 roxicodne 15mg. Worked my way up to this dosage starting 1 1/2 year ago. Want off these. Just tired of it all. Friend at work has a subscription for SUBOXONE. Says he will give me a few pills and if i take them for 5days.during my opiate withdrawal that i will have very little w/d and after day 5 stop the suboxone as well. Is it really this easy. Ive heard all about had bad w/d is. Is what he saying to good to be true. 1St day on here. Thanks
We really understanding you asking those questions on the forum, I mean it is a recovery forum after all but like the other poster mentioned, professional advice is key because everyone here may have similar conditions as you, in the end we all have very different mechanisms for coping with WD's both physically and mentally so yeah, see your doc and come back and let us know what he/she has in store for you so we can support that.
good to see you pop in and good luck, you have taken the right step
Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Reckitt Benckiser has an official website for Suboxone that has a doctor locator. Your GP probably cannot prescribe Suboxone. Doctors must have certification in Suboxone therapy to be able to prescribe it. Congratulations on deciding to take the first step!!! Recovering a life free of opiates is truly wonderful.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Personal opinion, no its not that easy at all, not at all. You will feel withdrawals. I wouldn't listen to your friend, see a doctor. Get help while you still want it. Biggest mistake is doing things on your own. I tried exactly that, a buddy gave me 3 subs....I went through hell! Then I finally told a doctor and got help. I am 3 years sober this month from 2 years of addiction to oxycodone and OxyContin. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there, no its not that easy, iv tried it myself, handling wd myself from opiate painkillers. Its never worked. Im day 6 today and am on a proper detox programme this time with prescribed meds from my doctor for wd and am still suffering terribly, i wont lie, lots of shaking aching, vomiting etc. But in truth I am glad its so awful as its making me determined never to put myself through this cr*p again right! See a Dr and get good sound advice. Wishing you lots of luck x