Notices

On Methodone 12 years

Old 01-05-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On Methodone 12 years

I have been on methodone for 12 years and have in last couple of years been dropping 2 mg a month. I stopped while back as blood pressure went off. I am stable again and considering starting up dropping 2 mg a month again. I am currently at 51 mg. I am 59 and in relatively good health. I am nervous. I want off this so bad. My better half also tried detox and not working for him so good. He dropped from 95 to 75. He has aksed his counsler to go back up and counsler keeps telling him no. We were told we r controlling this??? I read from someone on this site who is in Canada that they do not go to a clinic but go to regular pharmacy. How does this work. It sounds way better then the clinics here in the states. The clinics seem like they want to run your life. Try to hold a regular job HA. They do not accomodate weekend picup. I should not complain as I do get takehomes but I still feel like they somewhat run my life. It is common sense stay clean, but what gets me is some of the stuff they come up with. Do this or else, do that or else. Maybe I m just getting cranky in my old age, but the way it seems they do it in Canada seems way better.