Notices

effects of methadone dose.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

effects of methadone dose.

I have been on methadone for the last 6 years. At first it was great, no more having to go score everyday saving money and all the other benefits of methadone. In the last two years I started getting really tired of taking it everyday and felt like I had changed my life enough to get off methadone and also stay of the heroin. I started at 100mg per day and i currently taking 25mg a day I have tried to go down about 4mg per month. The lowering of my does in such small increments was not bad at all. Maybe a little sweating and some hot flashes for a day or two but nothing major. The real issue I am having trouble with is the lack of energy and motivation to do anything other than lay on the couch. I used to think it was from the methadone but I now think it is from the lack of methadone (if that makes any sense). At 100mg I got up everyday went to work got a collage degree, I would go out on the weekends and in the evening after work. But now I don't feel like doing ****. I feel really wore out if I just go to the grocery store or something. Has anyone dealt with this? It has me really scared to get off the last 25mg I am still taking. Of course my clinic is not much help they suggest raising my dose back up.Sorry for the long post. Thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well I am starting to think this post is pointless. After spending some time looking around this forum I imagine that anyone who would try and answer it will have their post deleted by admin under rule 10 (medical advice) I really don't think that someone giving me a detailed description of their medical experience is going to make me rush out and do exactly what they did. It would be nice to get some ideas or have a few options to look into. I guess admin figures were all stupid enough to take and try anything we read about on the internet. This all feels way to familiar.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you feel that way Niore.

If you read my reminder post, you would have seen the reasoning behind the rule.

It's for everyone's benefit.
It's not a new rule, tho it may be new to some of our members.

Nothing wrong with your post either - I read 'Has anyone dealt with this?' as you're looking for other experiences, not advice.

PM me if you have any other issues
D
Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had similar experience man but have found if you stick to your dose ie 70 mill 100 mill or what ever take it at the same time every day eat properly get a good nights sleep you function perfectly normal . No sleeping at the wheel of your car
No sleeping every time you sit down no drowsy nes at all
I do get drowsy if I eat a big meal at dinner so have quit eating dinner
I'm on 70 a day and in the past have been on 100 and their ident seem to be much difference
A few years ago I had been of herowin for 6 years but still on methadone and like you felt it was time to quit sick of the ball and chain of methadone.
So I did.
Run down
12 months no sleep
12 months bad angziaty
12 months depretion
No energy at all
And I meen no energy couldn't stand up straight for longer than a few seconds
I hung on like this for 3 years until I snapped and started back . But only to be normal again
Methadone takes away something out of your brain a chemical called serotonin
Prolonged use of methadone causes permanent loss of serotonin
Witch basically means permanent depression .
The only answer to that is back to the methadone