Notices

4 week iop for suboxone

Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 week iop for suboxone

I am on my third week of suboxone, and its not been easy, but much better than trying to support an opiot habbit and all that goes along with that, this is my first experience with suboxone and when I live it pretty much mandatory to do the 4 week program if you want suboxone.I also suffer form ptsd and have an axiety and depression disorder and I am a mess emotionally from this last relapse, it was only 6 weeks but I was clean and sober for 3 yrs. the problem I am having with this program that I have to go to for 4 weeks, I feel it has everything to do with money and nothing to do with patient care, I have a clinition thats impossible to get a hold of and has not check on me once to see how I was doing, I asked a nuse about getting a new clinition and she said don't bother changing during the 4 week program because I wouldn't see them anyway. I am not a child or bad person, I have a disease that I didn't ask for, I go regulary to 12 step meetings and I try my hardest to stay clean and be a better person, I guess what I am trying to say is that getting clean is pretty painful both emotionally and physically, I am feeling very alone and afraid and it would make a world of difference if this program showed a little bit of tlc and encouragement, although addiction is suposed to be reconized as a disease, I haven't heard of dietbetics, cancer patients and othe diseases having their medication with held if they didn't do group therepy, there is really no way around this at more than 1/2 way through the program it doesn't make since to go somewhere else, I guess I just needed to vent and I am sure I am not alone with this.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You know, i have heard of many programs just like that. i personally have spoken with someone who was kicked out for "noncompliance" because she had to work a day where she also had to attend a meeting and couldnt make it.

Have you tried finding another program or physician? For instance in my area, my provider doesnt drug test or require meetings or counselling although they do offer and provide it for free, and encourage you to go or to attend NA. Some physicians/programs such as Kaisers CDRP are intensive and force compliance with the threat of stopping your meds or removing you from the program altogether and forcing you to privately pay for a physician to get your meds.

I'm really sorry you have to go through that, it is awful that you feel that way. You should not have to feel like a criminal or a bad person because you are seeking treatment and trying to get well. I had a similar experience through Kaiser, my doctor threw his feet up on the table, locked his fingers behind his head and said "never thought you'd end up here eh?" with a smile on his face. He offered virtually no support, and his counsellors were cold, distant, rude and judgmental just like he was. You deserve better treatment, and if you can afford it I would suggest finding it elsewhere. Good luck to you!

I hope you are doing all right.