Notices

2 weeks on suboxone

Old 04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks on suboxone

I just started suboxone 2 weeks ago and I am having an awful time with it, no sleep, anxiety,depression, mood swings, head aches and nausa, I still have cravings to use, I am on the highest dose 24mg, I am hoping this will work for me I feel like it is my only hope, I have tryed methadone in the past and I had no life on it, the doctor finally gave me ambien for sleep, I took the first one last nite and it didn't work, I am hoping it will tonite, is ambien a benzo? hopeing someone will tell me these things will past and it gets better, but I want to know the truth, am I one of those people suboxone does not work for? any feed back will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Barbi,

My boyfriend and I are both on Subutex and did not experience any of those symptoms. The first day we both took it we were both completely different people. I haven't had any cravings, I sleep better then I have in years, and my mood has done a 180.

I wonder if your dose is too high and that is why you are experiencing the head aches, nausea and lack of sleep. You should keep a journal of everything that you are feeling and experiencing and bring it to your doctor to evaluate. Communication is a key factor in reaching the correct dosage.

I would also look into support options such as counseling, meetings and clean friends. I find that keeping a strong support network, planning activities to do, and writing in my journal and here at SR help me to reflect on my feelings and grow as a person helps me a lot.

I wish you the best,

*Adalie
Old 04-19-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi...I gotta say that I've been wanting the same info since I got on suboxone 10-11 days ago. I met with my doctor 3 times and don't feel like I have gotten any real answers. I'm on the highest dose also. I'm not nauseous and no headaches but have felt really weird and foggy. I'm exhausted all the time but I don't sleep well at night due to my chronic pain. I have anxiety, depression and emotional. I don't understand how to figure out if I'm on the wrong dose. My doctor is so kind but he didn't mention how I'm supposed to dose with the films so I was so confused and not getting all from the films the 1st 3 days. Since then I've been trying to understand why I don't feel AWESOME like everyone else does the 1st day on it? I can say that today I finally felt a little bit more energy and happiness and hope tomorrow is better. But my dr told me yesterday that I seemed depressed but that how I was feeling shouldn't be from the suboxone. He also said that maybe I haven't adjusted to the sub yet which is like no other patient he has treated. So I feel pretty alone in my sub experience. Btw I was taking oxycodone 30's 10-15/ day when I quit Easter Day. Idk if that matters either? Oh and was on some form of pain med for 7 years from a kickboxing injury. Anyways will you let me know how things go for you? Also ANY info from those who are taking subs and how they adjusted to the meds would be of so much help!!! Thanks so much for all the support on this forum
Old 06-03-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

First day I took Subutex after 4 years of heavy oxy use..... I cried and felt like I just got a do over. The dosage took some fine tuning. I was inducted fairly high. Maintained at 12-16 mg as needed. Dr does suggest lowest dose but stresses to patients to listen to their bodies and not get fixated on the dose.
I feel rapid taper for me, would have me right back out there Dr Shopping. I got called out by Dr for it. If it takes me being on 12 Mg for eternity to never be so desperate that I technically brake a law by going to various Drs. again. I can only speak for myself- No Contest!! Thanks for listening to me
Old 06-17-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi,feelin for ya...headaches and insomnia are a common side effect...both me and by friend had them . first week I felt like I was speeding for first couple of hours then tired for a few hours ( slight stoned feelin ) keep away from the sleepers if you can they cause me a
Pill over(hangover) and make me feel depressed
Old 06-17-2012, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi again....remember the tired ,anxious , nausea ,aching , chilling body is you still detoxing the bup / suboxone or even methadone never fully covers it in the first 10 days. Don't believe it when people say it takes a week to get over it....your body has been in a warm , safe , detached, opiated fuzz and now it's raw and fragile . Your nerves are raw and you need to be gentle with your self.... Every day clean is a bonus xxx
Old 06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I tried suboxone before and became horribly sick every single time why few months ago when I started an Opiate treatment program at my VA hospital I chose methadone and I have no problems. What do you mean you had no life on it? I didn't like the idea of suboxone because they just give you the bottle and you come back in a month...

On methadone you go everyday unless you want a statist change you can come once every week or 2 here. But where im at the only reason im alive is because I go every day and get to see some amazing people in the program too I now am friends with. I burn 3 hours a day going there, I see my social worker who is supportive and go to groups two-three times a week which are helping.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm just wondering about the high dosages. I take 1 mg some days .50 mgs the next and skip days. Been doing this for 6 months and maintaining very well. I hope to just jump off soon. I've have lost all cravings, even for alcohol. I'll let you folks know how it goes when I quit it. I started out with 16mgs a day. Too me that was too much. I know it varies with everyone depending on your past usage.