SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/suboxone-methadone-maintenance-detox/)
-   -   can you take subs for 3days to detox off heroin need advice please (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/suboxone-methadone-maintenance-detox/252720-can-you-take-subs-3days-detox-off-heroin-need-advice-please.html)

herowithin 03-29-2012 12:38 AM

can you take subs for 3days to detox off heroin need advice please

OK I'm really disappointed in myself I've been clean for a yr due to being incarcerated which I'd never of thought would of turned into such a blessing because sobriety does feel great but it has become even harder to stay clean while I'm out! Its next to impossible for me right now due to lack of support and the love of my life well she is still using! I'm torn between what I should do? I've been a heroin addict for the last 8yrs of my life lost everything gone to prison twice for it! I'm now out on parole and I thought I would be strong enough to be around it and not slip. Well I was wrong I relapased my first wk out! I used for a few days quit and was good then I used again and here I am 3wks later been using every day thus far! I screwed up and I don't know what to do? I definitely didn't miss the withdrawals which I'm now bout to have! I have a ua more then Lilly when I report next! I plan on taking suboxones for the next 3-4 days then go cold Turkey from there. Hopefully I won't be experiencing heavy withdrawals if I do that? Since I've only been using for three wks if I take suboxones for a few days I should be off the heroin right? I just need anything to help ease the withdraws. Then hopefully I should come up clean for my urine test? Say I'm doing this a solid wk before my ua! I hope to God ill pass and that the subs will help? I read too many mixed answers on weather the suboxones will even show up on an ua t.est for parole? I'm risking a lot my freedom everything! I'm a fool I'm embarrassed and hugely disappointed I have two prior poss charges and a third I could be gone for a real long time and yet here I am screwing up! My girl is an addict as well I want her to get on subs but she refuses says they make her sicker! She wants to start a methadone treatment instead guess its a start atleast! This is going to be one of the hardest things I may go thru in life! I do know now that once I'm off again I'm thru with it for good or to the beat of my ability! Its so hard but I do not miss waking up sick, feinding, blowing money, getting sucked back In the ugly world of heroin addiction! I realized I screwed up but yb hoping I can maintain my sobriety for good this time! I miss working out feeling alive and in control of my life! I need help and I'm supposed to go to NA/AA meetings for Parole I'm a bit skeptical on if they even work or which one I should go to? Guess any support is better then none at all? My girl says she'll quit that I'm the love of her life and shell do anything for me. She's so afraid to loose me again nor do I wish to put her thru that again! I admit I have a problem been using for yrs and the only time I'm.ever sober is when I'm locked up! This is so hard and I'm afraid if my girl can't quit that I might have to leave her! We are all we pretty much have both of us have no family and we depend on on another! She will continue to use once I'm off because she will have to work so my questions which one is better to do and still be able to function suboxones or methadone? But she insists subs make her sick! Then again if I just use Subaru for 3 days and stop will I atleast still be good and past the most severe part of withdrawal and do subs show up for a ua for parole? I will be doing this a wk before I report and yes I realize how foolish I am and don't plan on doing this for the remainder of my time on Parole! I'm going to try my hardest stay clean I value my freedom too much! The power of addiction is strong and sometimes manages to overcome my will. Makes no sense how much one is willing to risk I've had an opiate addiction for too many yrs now and not one good thing has came from it! I don't want to waste my life away in prison so I need to act now! I realize ill always be an addict I relapsed and need help I appreciate any suggestions that are given so thank you for the input!

Stopdropburn 03-29-2012 10:14 AM

Sounds like you're seriously playing with fire there buddy. It's bad enough you have your own struggle and legal issues to worry about, worse when you're involved with a regular user - you're just asking to go away again. The Subs would surely help the w/d, but they can be in your system for more than 72 hours depending on how much is taken, how long, body factors.....there's no telling. I don't know how parole tests go, but I would stop using everything before you get locked up for a long, long time. Hope you get through this. Even if you do, I can see being involved with a regular user still being a problem for you. Best of luck.

Sistersforever 03-31-2012 11:49 AM

Herowithin,
I have the same story in one way or the other, yet I did not ever touch heroin but came awful close. I just did everything that could go up my nose if it were a pill. As if that's any better, right?
I am just going to give you a little insight, it sounds as tho you are so torn inside. But you as a person, have to take a seat back and review your life. You obviously DON'T like were you have been, and it's pretty clear you don't like where it is currently....so you have to think about where your life is going to go if you make changes or if you don't.
I for one are in the same shoes with you with my husband if 14yrs. We both made the decision to quit doing drugs. My BEST friend in the world is a previous user and also my dealer. But we have ALWAYS kept the two seperate( and yes it is possible if it's a strong friendship). Well she goes to a methadone clinic and she had encouraged me to go. My husband on the flip side wanted to do Subs at home. So I did ALOT of research and found methadone was going to work best for me, while my husband felt different for himself. So he himself is currently doing a self Sub taper( which I don't recommend) and I myself are going through a methadone clinic.
Today is my third day going and I don't regret my decision what so ever!!! With addiction, which many fail to understand or don't want to understand, is that it's a disease that's always going to be there, just waiting to rear it's ugly side. Some people are on methadone for the rest of their lives due to the damage of what the drugs has done to their own endorphins system in Their brains. And you know what.. It's okay.
Idk how long I'm going to be there and I don't care. I just want to be well and stay well. Methadone works for some and Subs works for some. Subs do make me sick the entire time I have used them to self detox, but eventually I always went back because it doesn't offer the same brain chemistry support as methadone.
So my advice would only to be is do yourself a favor, before anything... and that is just try to decide where your life is now, if that's the life you want 2, 5, or even 20+ yrs from now and then have a plan and a goal. Then go from there. It's definitely not going to be fixed in 3 days but it can be fixed with determination and self education. I wish you the best in the future. I can't wait for my future, because I KNOW I am making the best decision for myself right now!!

NurseBrooke 04-07-2012 08:10 AM

To me methadone is just as bad as whatever you happen to be abusing. I can promise you that if you switch to suboxone you will be be better off. You still have the ability to get high if you perhaps had a bad day, argued with your spouse, it's Tuesday ect ect.....I know from personal expierence. I have seen many deaths as a direct result of methadone use even if you have the best intentions I know how easy it is to slip. The suboxone will completly block your opioid receptors and defeats the purpose of getting high. And methadone withdrawl is the worst withdrawl I have ever seen. I am not trying to take the wind out of your sails just wanted to share from my perspective. Good luck to you.

Olivia333 04-07-2012 10:16 AM

Don't take the suboxone if the opiates are still in your system or you will get really sick ok? just a word of advice. The suboxone is a great drug to help you wean off the opiates but be careful. You need to be taking the right dose in order for it to help you.

Why don't you go get on a program with a clinic? are you able to do that? I went on suboxone and I've been on it for a year, I'm at the end of my taper now.

The one thing I learned is you have to stay away from users. If the people in your life really love you they will understand. I had to cut almost everyone out of my life, it was hard but you have to love yourself more, put yourself first, remember it's your life!!!!

Hang in there, stay strong and we are all here if you need to talk. I know how bad withdrawals can be, is there a way you can be honest about using and not get in trouble? just so you can go get help from a doctor?

Olivia

Vintersemestre 04-19-2012 11:49 PM

I don't know which I find most unfortunate; this guy's situation or his fear of the police because he has a disease.

SURVIVEADICTN 06-05-2012 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia333 (Post 3353441)
Don't take the suboxone if the opiates are still in your system or you will get really sick ok? just a word of advice. The suboxone is a great drug to help you wean off the opiates but be careful. You need to be taking the right dose in order for it to help you.

Why don't you go get on a program with a clinic? are you able to do that? I went on suboxone and I've been on it for a year, I'm at the end of my taper now.

The one thing I learned is you have to stay away from users. If the people in your life really love you they will understand. I had to cut almost everyone out of my life, it was hard but you have to love yourself more, put yourself first, remember it's your life!!!!

Hang in there, stay strong and we are all here if you need to talk. I know how bad withdrawals can be, is there a way you can be honest about using and not get in trouble? just so you can go get help from a doctor?

Olivia

Very well said.... I am finally in my 4th day of detox and OMG do I finally feel good enough to get up and get to my computer and get in touch. I finally decided to come out to my family and take responsibility for my actions.

Keep up the good work to recovery! It is nice to see there are others out there that know how I feel.

Brian~!