Notices

Second week on suboxone...help?

Old 04-04-2012, 02:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Second week on suboxone...help?

For the most part I couldn't be happier!
I am thrilled and proud of myself for finnally
Getting the help I so desperatly needed.
Stopped using pills and 99% of the days
I have no thoughts of pills or using.
But I have been getting the worst headaches
Well more migranes really. They are terrible
I can't move I can't think. It even makes me sick to the point
Where I wanna puke. This is the only problem i have
On the film. Well and the constipation....
Bleh any tips, ideas or advice to get rid or ease
These horrible migraines?? Help!!!???
Thank you

Much love peace and happiness to you all!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi sundrop,

My personal experience was that the first day I took it I had to drive 3.5 hours down to a funeral in VA. I was shaking and sweating and could not concentrate too well, just wound up like a clock spring.

What helped me, after that nightmare of a day, was taking less. But I think you should check with your suboxone doc to be sure what to do because I am no expert, that is just what happened with me and I have limited experience with it.

Congratulations on the 2 weeks!!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@sundrop I was on Suboxone for years, and I had terrible migraines and headaches for all that time. I didn't realize that it was due to the Suboxone until I finally got off it and got out of the withdrawals....now 40 days later, with very few, very small headaches that pass quickly on their own, I can see what caused it. My migraines were completely debilitating and often left my head in a bucket and in the fetal position for at least half a day. I am super glad that you got off pills though. I hope you find success in your treatment, and hopefully your headaches don't get that severe. I swore by Excedrin Migraine for yeeeaaaarrrssss along with Suboxone. I thought it was the only thing that could help, as it was, but in reality it was the Subs causing them in the first place. Not everyone seems to experience that though. Hopefully you can avoid as much as possible. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

After letting the Sub dissolve, instead of swallowing your spit, try just spitting it out. There's been a couple people that I guess you could say are sensitive to the Naloxone even though not much gets absorbed orally. Everyone Ive come across with the headache problem says spitting out the leftover spit when done has helped, so try that. If you dont notice any difference after a few days then def. bring it up to your doctor the next time you go.