Notices

Day 1 on Suboxone..

Old 03-30-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I never said it was uneducated - just an unnecessary blanket statement which seemed to be pointing out how you know more than everyone else on the site so your words hold more weight than everyone elses, but maybe I read into it wrong. I apologize.

Congrats on your 5 weeks clean - keep it up. Have a good weekend!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I agree that a dependence on suboxone can happen. Addiction to it. Just no way. It just doesn't work. What I think as a dependence is someone who needs some little pill to take that makes it all better. Just have to have something more than vitamin water. The bup does do something as in feeling normal. So off the pills and feeling normal is what we are after. I'm having an equal problem quitting cigarettes. I buy lollipops. Just something to stick in my mouth and suck on that makes me feel better than power smoking another cig.Anyone buying this analogy?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just to clear up the air since this post
Was about me and all. Just because my doc
Prescribed me that much doesn't mean I took that much
He wanted me to be comfortable those first few days coming off
I usually only take half a strip a day. Sometimes a whole
8mg/2mg a day if I really need it. In a week or so
I will start tapering down but I have a lot of issues
And triggers to sort out before quitting or I will
Relapse again. subs are saving my life right now this is a day
By day process for me. I haven't even gotten
Into counseling yet. I am doing great besides
The terrible headaches and slight nausea but hey I'm willing
To take that instead of using again. I will not go back
To that. So I am taking my time and getting my life back on track
And just living the best way I can. I need support and
Love thru this and a stress drama free couple of months.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@sundrop That sounds awesome. Glad to hear you're getting better. Subs are far better in my opinion to downing fistfuls of pills everyday. As long as you stick to your tapering plan it sounds like you are doing well. Good luck with the counseling too. I think that will be really good for you. I think the best thing I could have done for my recovery was bring it up in counseling. Keep us posted!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
SOBERWRLDRCDPOWER

Stillsleeping GA stands for Go Away! hah just kidding. Well my experience was quite different than yours. He may have been an ass at first about you being in withdrawals but if you aren't fully in withdrawals and they give you a Suboxone strip your gonna be in the worst withdrawals of your life. My suboxone is free If you go to Google and look up Here to help program it gives you a card that now pays 50 dollars of your deductible toward the medication. Only if you have insurance though. He should have given this information to you. My Dr. sat with me for about 3 minutes . He didn't even right down enough to make a paragraph. He said go to the pharmacy and get a prescription for 5 strips then come back and let me observe you and we'll try to figure out what dose you need to be on. I know everybody's metabolism is different but if your a small woman then 2 a day should be plenty if not lower. It shouldn't even have mattered what you were on.You went there to get off of something you were abusing and thats the bottom line. They also make a 2 mg strip as well. That's what my doctor started me on. I was like are you FN kidding me? 4mgs a day? I was shooting a thousand mgs of morphine a day olus xanax plus drinking like a fish so needless to say i was pissed off. I ended up going to another Dr. in the same group and had to go through the whole thing again. But now I'm on two a day and that's plenty. And I know the medicine is super expensive without insurance. HereToHelpProgram.com is the site. Your Dr. should have given you a book as well. They have a phone number as well it's 866-973-4373. But you can't just take the drug and not work a program or your just gonna be stuck on it as well cause there are withdrawal symptoms after quitting suboxone. And don't be in such a hurry to taper off or your gonna be right back where you left off. Start working a program of recovery and get grounded first so when you do taper off you have a support group that can help you if you need em and trust me you probably will. There's no hurry. Your no longer getting high.Your not buying drugs off the street. So just take it easy and don't rush it. Like other people have said . Taking Suboxone is better than taking a hanful of pills. But please dont rush it. You don't wanna have to go through it again and if you do most Dr.'s won't even do it again. They'll tell you Inpatient treatment is your best option. Good luck!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
SOBERWRLDRCDPOWER

And Clean Breeze means dependant is where your body is dependent on it to keep it in homeostasis. Addiction means I'm dependant and I'm gonna do whatever i have to do to get the drug. I'll lie , steal, cheat or whatever I have to do to gwt the drug. Thats the difference between being an addict and being dependant.