Notices

Hooked and need help

Old 07-23-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hooked and need help

God I hope I'm in the right place this time. I have so much running in my head right now and don't know where to begin. I guess I can start with, I'm hooked on pain killers norcos been on them for so long now but its got worse these past few years. First it was 4x a day I was doing great never ran out, took them as I was supposed too. But now when I get my rx filled 120 goes with in a week and the remaining 3 weeks I'm calling my dealer buying 80.00 to 120.00 its putting a hurting on my marriage my daughter who is 19 has no respect for me and my poor mom its killing her too see me this way. When I do run out the anxiety starts the withdrawals begin sleepless nights restless legs depression is worse. Last weekend because I was out of pain pills I tried heroine and that didn't end well I overdosed and ended up in the er. I haven't spoken to my husband about this for the fear he may leave me so the only person that knows is my mom. I want to get off this crap I can deal with the back pain I just want my life back. I been looking into the subox program but the only problem is no health insurance and I can't do this on my own I tried but after the 3rd day I'm calling my 'friend' so what do I do?
Old 07-23-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It might be a good idea to talk to the dr who prescribed the pain medication for you and explain the situation to him. Your dr could advise you on the best way to get off the drugs.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR,

I agree 100% with Anna. Talk to your prescribing Dr. It will be sending a clear message to the addiction that you mean business about quitting. Also, the money you put towards buying pills could cover the suboxone treatment, especially if you are on it for a short period of time to detox.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Chaziebaby welcome to SR. But sorry for what brings you here. But I will tell you that you are in the right place for support! Where you are at right now is where I was when I was ready to kick my prescription pill addiction to the curb! I was at an all time low!

I agree with what others have said here....to speak with your prescribing doctor. Course I know it's hard to do. Probably something I wouldn't have been able to do. But another thing you can do is to check out some IOP's or rehabs. See if any include suboxone with their treatment. Mine did. My second sub doctor was affiliated with a duel diagnoses outpatient program that used a sliding fee scale to help me afford treatment. Look around! You might be surprised by what's out there to help you. Also, most sub doctors don't even use insurance. Mine only takes cash. Suboxone .com is a great place to look for a doctor and they also have prescription discounts for those paying cash for the medicine. They cover up to $100 a month I think it said. So don't despair. Where there is a will (for recovery) there is a way! But you must chase and put forth the same amount of effort that you did chasing your DOC! We all remember how badly we chased our DOC don't we?
Old 07-31-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chaziebaby View Post
God I hope I'm in the right place this time. I have so much running in my head right now and don't know where to begin. I guess I can start with, I'm hooked on pain killers norcos been on them for so long now but its got worse these past few years. First it was 4x a day I was doing great never ran out, took them as I was supposed too. But now when I get my rx filled 120 goes with in a week and the remaining 3 weeks I'm calling my dealer buying 80.00 to 120.00 its putting a hurting on my marriage my daughter who is 19 has no respect for me and my poor mom its killing her too see me this way. When I do run out the anxiety starts the withdrawals begin sleepless nights restless legs depression is worse. Last weekend because I was out of pain pills I tried heroine and that didn't end well I overdosed and ended up in the er. I haven't spoken to my husband about this for the fear he may leave me so the only person that knows is my mom. I want to get off this crap I can deal with the back pain I just want my life back. I been looking into the subox program but the only problem is no health insurance and I can't do this on my own I tried but after the 3rd day I'm calling my 'friend' so what do I do?
Chazie - I am in the same boat as you, I am ready to stop after a long long road, around 12 years of pain pills has been about 12 years too long, I don't have a lot of advice because I am just starting my road to recovery but what has helped me so far this week is reading here, every time I have been weak I have logged in and read stories of people in the same place as me and read how they have made it through to a better place. I am trying to wean myself down now and quit soon, I wish you the best of luck, so many others have done it and we can too
Old 07-31-2015, 09:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Use suboxone as a last resort. Especially if it's only vicodin. I understand you're using a lot but you can stop it easier than suboxone or methadone, (which you Really don't want to go there, trust me).

Is there any way you could get into a week long detox? I believe that's all it would take to get the worst of the withdrawals over with and they could hook you up with after care.

I did this and a month later went straight into in patient for a month. An experience I'll never forget.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there, I feel for you, this is my 6th time on Sober recovery, iv just logged in for first time in a year, reading back over my posts from the last 5 time s I tried to quit, trying to work out why I failed I KNOW it was I was doing it alone. I was positive and my posts are full of positivity but then I just end up back in the same circle of relapse. Im in a week long detox programme this time followed by intensive outpatient treatment, I think its the answer. My husband arranged it umpteen times for me in the past but I cut out early. This is it, I have to do it. The person above is right, put that money your spending on pills into therapy, the worst will be over in a week (please God -im day 3!!!) - you can do it, best of luck x