Notices

Subutex-Need a Physician-Someone help?!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Subutex-Need a Physician-Someone help?!

Hello All!

I have been an avid reader on here for some time. I finally decided to create my own account. I have a problem, I hope that it is not a unique one, but still, it hinders my recovery progress. I am allergic to naloxone. Thus, I cannot, absolutely cannot even attempt to take Suboxone. I won't depict to you all the horrible things that it does. LOL. Still, I know that Subutex works. Honestly, I get it off the street when I can. My problem is that I cannot seem to find ANY Doctor that will prescribe it for me. I am from Ohio, but I will travel to damn near anywhere (within some reason) to locate a Doctor to rx the Subutex. I have utilized "NAABT.ORG", "SUBOXONE.COM" and about every other treatment matching system that exists. I know that there ARE Doctors that are compassionate and willing to do so, it's just that I cannot seem to locate any. Anyone that would be willing to lead me in the right direction would be considered a Godsend to me. I don't know what to do, but am trying SO hard to remain optimistic in spite of my circumstances. Please, I know someone can help me.

Last edited by Dee74; 01-23-2012 at 03:30 AM. Reason: removed email addy
Old 01-23-2012, 03:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR blockhead
Hope this helps.

Buprenorphine Physician and Treatment Program Locator

The Locator is an on-line resource designed to assist States, medical and addiction treatment communities, potential patients, and/or their families in finding information on locating physicians and treatment programs authorized to treat opioid addiction with buprenorphine (Suboxone® and Subutex®).
D
Old 01-23-2012, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wouldn't think it would be a problem as long as you have proof that you allergic to Naloxone. They might only give it to you a week at a time in the beginning so they can monitor your drug screens to make sure you are not abusing anything else. Have you actually gone in to see the doctors OR just inquired over the phone? You might have better luck going in to talk to someone and stating your case. Be careful buying off the street. It's not worth getting robbed or arrested for something you should be able to obtain legally. Give Dee's link a try. I am suprised you didn't have any luck with suboxone.com or NAABT - those are both good resources.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Unhappy Subutex is not longer being manufactured as of the end of 2011.

I have been on Subutex for over 5 years and I went to get my RX filled at my pharmacy and they told me it was no longer being manufactured. Only the Suboxone strips. I have not found a single pharmacy that has any in stock.
My docto confirmed it. Good thing I hoarded all the broken pills. I'm just getting off it. I wouldn't advise getting on it. Too hard to get off of.
I'm also allergic to the Naloxone in Suboxone. Good Luck.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Buprenorphine tabs (generic) are widely-available around here. My take is that the whole nalaxone "safety" issue is BS generated by Reckitt-Benckiser.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I did a little research today and generic subutex seems to be widely available in the US.
If he thinks it's appropriate, presumably your Dr will prescribe a generic option.

D
Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am on the Subutex generic, it is still around. I find it odd that doctors will not write you a prescription for it since you do not have the option of taking Suboxone. My doctor did not give me any issues with switching, but I am in New Jersey so that is not much help to you.

Do you have documentation that you are allergic to Naloxone? Maybe when you call state that you can prove that you are allergic (I'm sure doctors get people saying a lot and have become untrusting).

My only advice is to get a long list of doctors that you can travel to and call all of them. Sometimes saying something like "So because I am allergic to Naloxone means that you are unwilling to help treat me. I am reaching out for HELP and am trying to save my life and you are going to punish me for an allergy I cannot control?!"

That might seem dramatic, but sometimes it is what it takes.

Good Luck
Yelliee