Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox
Reload this Page >

Suboxone any clinics,drs who offer discount rates 4 low income,no ins in memphis?

Notices

Suboxone any clinics,drs who offer discount rates 4 low income,no ins in memphis?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Suboxone any clinics,drs who offer discount rates 4 low income,no ins in memphis?

I currently go to a dr and im on subutex,doing great.was previously on suboxone for couple years but quit bc i cud no longer affford it.so for last 3 years,been back on opiates for chronic pain. Got sick and tired again so found dr who wud prescribe subutex since so much cheaper now with generic.im doin great.my initial office visit was 250 and 100 per month after. I hav a friend,also in her 40s whos sick and tired and is desperate 2 get on suboxone/subutex as she says she wants 2 hav what she sees n me..peace of mind..i have insurance and filed mine for reimbursement so initial fee wasnt problem.she has no insurance,no public insurance like medicaid,and doesnt have 250 cash to pay for 1st visit but can afford the 100 a month afterwards.can anyone advise on how to find dr who gives discounts, or is there any organizations who may wud pay the 250 that help ppl like her,her son is in and out of jt judes so she has a tough time already. .ive even saw mention of discount coupons 2 use at dr?i promised her id do my best to find way 2 get funds so she,too,can have peace of mind..thank u so much 4 any advice or suggestions u may offer..
Old 06-20-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't know about doctor discounts, but there are programs to help with the cost of the meds. Check with the doc and your county health department.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here is a link to a newsletter with a feature on "15 ways to save money on buprenorphine treatment" that might be helpful.

The National Alliance of Advocates for Buprenorphine Treatment - Newsletter - June 2011
Old 03-20-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Suboxone doctor in memphis

IM IN DESPERATE NEED OF FINDING A GOOD SUBOXONE DOCTOR IN THE MEMPHIS AREA. If you see this could you please reply or private message me... thank you very much. Hope all is well!

-Brent

Last edited by Dee74; 03-20-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Brent - you might find some use of this database:

Buprenorphine Physician and Treatment Program Locator

D
Old 05-13-2014, 12:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Please do not use the buprenorphine or suboxone websites that have the doctors on there. If I were you I would research forums for people that are in suboxone or buprenorphine therapy. Dr. Richard Farmer is a great doctor, he actually is the psychiatrist for the memphis grizzles basket ball team players. Very kind man and if he is full there is a doctor shull off kirby parkway. his number is 901-757-0655
STAY AWAY FROM A DOCTOR BUGGS HE IS TERRIBLE AND ONLY WANTS TO NICKLE AND DIME YOU WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET