Notices

Frustrated w/ myself

Old 05-06-2014, 11:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated w/ myself

Today is the start of my 37th day on my Suboxone taper. Almost 2 weeks ago, which was 3 1/2 weeks into my tapering I decided I wanted to cold turkey. I was on about 3/4 of an 8mg pill at that point. Down from 2 pills.

Now I feel stuck! I want to finish this and I do not know how/when to stop all the way. Please any tips/advices/experiences w/ how you made the last jump off opiates? I am not even sure if I should stop yet...or stay on a few more days/weeks?

Heres my taper:

April 1- on 16mg for 2yrs

April 24th- 3/4 pill or appx 6mg

May 7- app 1/4 pill 2mg and started taking 1mg in afternoon and 1mg at night.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tips....I'd focus on defining things to my strengths I think. You went from crazytown use to Subs and stabilized. In one month you've dropped your Subs intake by a very large factor. Your progress is an enormous success. Do you have the luxury of sauna/hot tubs handy and the time to work out hard? Sweat and exercise helped me until the tacky kidney stone slowed me down.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dmp

Hey man, don't push yourself terribly hard. Don't become impatient. Believe it or not when I quit, I didn't expect to. At least for me, I could never do a "quit date" thing. I am impulsive, so prefer to do things impulsively. I cut down when I felt like it, how I felt like it. Of you read my post on "halving in halves", I used that method. Did I have difficult days? Hell yeah! I mean I just looked at my post history, and about two years ago I posted on here about me slipping up and binging. Lol! And here I am almost at three weeks this Sunday! I didn't even make it 3 days back then. Lol

So in essence, two years ago I thought I was done, and I messed up and was begging for help on here... Now it's two years later and I work to inspire others! I NEVER thought that day would come.

Two years ago bro I was in your chair typing on your keyboard, wishing every night to be done, begging god for help and wishing on every falling star.

Did it ever come true? YES!
did it come when I wanted it to? NO!
Do I wish I was at two years quit by now? Of course!... But I am not. I am at three weeks and feeling blessed.

Although, two years ago I thought I was done, time has proven that I wasn't. However, that is not to say that it didn't come in it's own time. I quit when it was right for me.

I was done when I was done.

I not saying that you should not quit. I am saying that the more strain you put on yourself and the more you judge yourself, I feel that will only negatively impact your overall progress in the future to come. Right now you want to quit because you want to be done, which is why we all started on suboxone to begin with. Remember, however, that quitting suboxone and being clean for a couple days or a week is not your only step left. Paws can be absolutely debilitating at times.

Although, with opiates, often not deleterious, withdrawals shortly after quitting will feel difficult, and once conquered will seem like you are at the end, however remember that relapse occurs in paws as well.

I feel that rushing yourself to the finish line may cause you to potentially slip during paws, and then further feel worse about yourself. This may keep you in the cycle of suboxone even longer. You are not the only person who wants off of this stuff today. You are not the only one whom fears withdrawals or wishes they were not In this position.

Take your time and never be harsh on yourself. I have faith in you stopper, and think positively!
Old 05-07-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank thank you so much for that perspective DMP- it really helps me grasp my crzy train of thoughts at the moment.