Notices

High Dose Tramadol to Sub Question (new)..:)

Old 03-01-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking High Dose Tramadol to Sub Question (new)..:)

Hi all, I would appreciate someone that has had the experience advise me of the following questions:

1) DOC: Tramadol in extremely high doses - 36 (50mg) daily then going on Sub.
2) My doctor is one of those "hands off" kind of guys. Really nice about prescribing what you ask but no guidance at all..just sends you home. I have tried to taper with Tramadol but now I feel it is best to try the sub. He has prescribed the suboxone but I feel Subutex would be better. The Naloxone (may have the spelling wrong) is something that I feel is not good for Tramadol users as Tramadol itself has a strong seretonian effect (my dr largely prescribed to me for depression/focus). I know that I will be detoxing from the opiate side of it and the seretonian side of it. Naloxone reverses the seretonian and I think that would put me into a severe depression or fry my brain. Anyone though that has used Soboxone from Tramadol ok, let me know.
3) This is my 2nd to main question (the first being would love to hear from a Tramadol user that went to Sub). Do I need to taper down on my current Tramadol doseage before I do the initial withdrawal to Sub? IOW, can I just "stop", wait till the mid to severe withdrawal kicks in and go on Sub; OR, do I need to get to a certain "lower" dosage? If I do need to taper down, what doesage is sufficient to go on Sub from? I havent seen anywhere on the net of a certain doseage of DOC to be on before Sub, just that you need to wait till you are in active withdrawal.
4) Does anyone have the correct "waiting" period from Tram before you take the sub. I have the COWs checklist but would love to hear from actual Tram users. Because Tram stays in system so long, I am not sure 24hrs would do it. I was going to treat myself like Meth and wait 32 (but not sure I will last that long).???

Sorry for all the questions. Obviously I am doing this alone ..

I would ask my doctor but I dont think he would give me the best advice. He also prescribed my initial doseage of sub as 8mg in morning and 8 at night. I dont think that is wise. I am going the 2mg in morning and dose up 2mg every hour until I level. I am hoping 2mg will do it or most 4mg a day (not twice a day). Or break in half 2mg in am and 2mg in pm.

anyway, any Tramadol users out there OR someone that could give me advice on doseage before you go on Sub?

The reason I specifically need a Tramadol user is unlike regular Opiates, even strong Opiate users, Tramadol is unique in that it acts like an anti-dep in addition to the opiate side of it. It also stays in your muscles for a long, long time...reappearing throughout in a non-linear fashion when you withdrawal. Not like you wait 4/5 days then you are through it...it comes and goes and takes months. Especially on my high dose.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, I guess noone is interested in this thread?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well these are really questions best asked of a Dr I think?
We can't give medical advice here.

I'm not on subs but as a general principle it's important I trust my doctor and respect his advice.

If your doctor is not answering your questions or you don't trust him it could be time for a new Dr., Sydney

I would ask my doctor but I dont think he would give me the best advice.
Then can you at least get a second opinion? then you can work out whether it's really bad advice or not.

D
Old 04-10-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jehovah's Girl

I was on tramadol for a long time and I took suboxone to get off narcotics and I continued to take tramadol because the doctor said the suboxone would have no effect on it. When I decided to go off it I just tapered but this is me. I am not giving any medical advice and It is different for everyone. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

your addicted to tramadol? wow, i didnt even think you could get addicted to that. i was told that there is no narcotic in it. thats why drs. prescribe it to addicts. hmm, i guess you learn something every day.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our 3 newer SR members....

As Dee mentioned we do have to abide by our SR Rule
10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
The best way to get information specific to your situation is from a professional.