Notices

Suboxone detox advice......

Old 01-06-2011, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Suboxone detox advice......

Ok, Im gonna try to make this as simple as possible. Im 28 years old and have been on subs for a year. Decided to stop taking subs on Xmas and did my last dose that night. I almost got to day 5 and felt horrible so I did more subs. It was the insomnia that was killing me the most. The physical symptoms were not bad really. Sooo, I did suboxone for 4 days after that. I cant give exact doses cause I dont really know. They varied from 2mg to 10 mg per day. It has now been 72 hours exactly since my last dose.
My question is.....did I make things worse for myself? Or did I actually make things better by almost weening myself by going so many days w/out it? Im basically going into my 4th day and I dont feel nearly as bad as I did at this point the last time. Im sitting here waiting for the symptoms to show up and they arent really there. I have the chills here and there and Im very lethargic.
I was thinking since I went 5 days without it that it was no longer built up in my system and that doing the amount I did would not make much of a difference. So does anyone have experience with this? Im trying to get through this as comfortably as possible. I just need some help and support. Im having surgery next Friday and I dont have a choice but to get off of this drug. Please help!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You haven't mentioned talking with your doc....what did they say? There is a protocol for planned surgery....pasted in many places. The drug company has staff to assist you, too.

Btw....welcome to the forum!
Old 01-09-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Juggernaut of self will

I know nothing about suboxone, but plenty about being an opiate fiend. You really need to talk to your doctor. Especially the one that is doing surgery. I just went through surgery after 28 days off of oxycodone. It was not easy to deal the dilaudid (Opiate) pain pump they put me on after surgery. Made me nuts because I knew what was in that vial. F'd with my head for the day after I got out of the hospital too. If there will be an opiate pain killer waiting for you after surgery, you owe it to yourself to make sure the doctor is fully aware of the suboxone. You do not have to suffer needlessly.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Plus, you have the luxury of knowing the surgery is coming!