Notices

who has lived through suboxone detox?

Old 01-31-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

If you found it helpful then yes, totally it was directed at you! And now I wish I hadn't edited it away. Lack of sleep makes for awesome choices.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Took Subutex for opiate withdrawl about eight years ago. The "doctor" who prescribed them was nice enough, but I was on them for more than a year with visits about three months apart. I went on a gradual taper that lasted a couple of months. I was breaking the pills into small pieces to help them dissolve easier as they tasted awful. I was down to a piece no bigger than a grain of rice when I learned that she was no longer providing the service. I had only enough left for about a week.
I figured that it was a sign to finally get off Subutex, so, when it ran out, I would be done with it. I was taking such a small amount, I figured it would be a piece of cake.
I was wrong. I was fine for the first couple of days, but, on a road trip to Las Vegas, I started feeling really nauseated. I didn't connect it with the drug at the time; however, by the time we checked into the hotel, I was freezing cold, sweating and retching. My bowels turned to water, and I didn't leave the hotel room for the entire weekend.
I went to urgent care, and was given something for the nausea, and told that it was likely withdrawal symptoms. When we came home, I took to my bed and was unable to eat for a few more days, but was getting better. I had been experiencing twitching, but they subsided as my appetite increased. Unfortunately, I was also able to drink alcohol again as well, but that's another story.
I met some people when I was in treatment for alcoholism who were on Suboxone, and I told them my story. I guess it doesn't taste bad as it is not a pill anymore, and they were only on it for a week or so.