and im glad to say its been worth it
I might not be totaly out of the woods
but today im sober clean and happey

thanks for listening good luck every one
Old 06-16-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A hell of an accomplishment there bro!

A big fat CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I have to say for my self, after 6 weeks, my head hasn't felt this clear in YEARS!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

17 days opiate free for me. It's fresh in my mind what goes into detoxing. 1 year opiate free is a miracle. Congrats
Old 06-17-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys .ive said this a million times but i could have made it a lot easier
withought the drinking. and doing to much to soon..
trying to keep up with othere peoples expectations and my own.
we shudent put to much presher on owerselvs
even though i lived a normal life for six or seven years just on methadone
and no there drugs its still a weird ajustment
nothings changed{but i have}
Old 06-17-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey; Jazz; you mentioned being "not out of the woods yet" Are you still encountering PAWS after that long? I detest the energy-sapping aspect of the process: I'll drag through the day feeling as though I'm walking in a tank of water; go to bed dead-tired; then not be able to sleep That; to me; is the pits!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tsmba View Post
Hey; Jazz; you mentioned being "not out of the woods yet" Are you still encountering PAWS after that long? I detest the energy-sapping aspect of the process: I'll drag through the day feeling as though I'm walking in a tank of water; go to bed dead-tired; then not be able to sleep That; to me; is the pits!
That is the worst feeling ever TSMBA. Being dead tired but unable to sleep.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im not sure tsmba if id been ascked that question a few weeks ago i would have definatly said yes.
sleeping has been a problem for me even when i was taking methadon.
I definatly dont feal that dead tired and not able to sleep and havent for a long time.its more a lack of motivation.
in the last 3 or 4 years on methadone i had got myself prity fit running 40 to 50 miles a week put on a bit of muscle at the gym. ive lost all that in the last 12 monthes.
and i think rongly been judgeing my now fitness with my previose fitness

I recon what i thought was paws was more down to the lack of sleep and dipreshion witch i had been to prowd to addmit i had .

The antydipresants the doc has given me have been a life saver not only have thay lifted my mood thay get me to sleep most nights
so ive got 6 to 12 monthes on antydipresants acording to the doc thats what i ment about not beeing out of the woods.

but withought them i was sinking fast into alcohleisem witch was how i got into drugs in the first place.
so for {me} its a small price to pay.

hope everithing is going well for you tsmba and good luck
Old 06-18-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Weren't you on methadone for pain control rather than maintenance? I was trying to recall. My eight years on methadone was just fine (once I got through the six months it took to stabilize). Sometimes it seems hard to distinguish problems arising from our addiction from those triggered buy life events. Either way, it is probably our own ways of dealing with them that put us in danger.

I constantly encounter people in treatment who sing the "drugs are my problem, but I am a social drinker, therefore I can continue drinking" song. I know because I did the same thing.....until the day alcohol took over. I can remember the exact day. Its unfortunate that people like us have to go down that road, despite warnings galore. That's why, when I get thinking I know exactly what is good for me, I'm probably on the way to a relapse. I've been down *that* road WAY too many times. I used to sneer at the statement that, "no one is too dumb to get sober, but a whole lot are too smart!" Humility is something that took a lot of humiliation for me to "get"!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Weren't you on methadone for pain control rather than maintenance? I was trying to recall. My eight years on methadone was just fine (once I got through the six months it took to stabilize). Sometimes it seems hard to distinguish problems arising from our addiction from those triggered buy life events. Either way, it is probably our own ways of dealing with them that put us in danger.

I constantly encounter people in treatment who sing the "drugs are my problem, but I am a social drinker, therefore I can continue drinking" song. I know because I did the same thing.....until the day alcohol took over. I can remember the exact day. Its unfortunate that people like us have to go down that road, despite warnings galore. That's why, when I get thinking I know exactly what is good for me, I'm probably on the way to a relapse. I've been down *that* road WAY too many times. I used to sneer at the statement that, "no one is too dumb to get sober, but a whole lot are too smart!" Humility is something that took a lot of humiliation for me to "get"!

No it wasent for pain it was for herowin addiction ive also used meny more drugs in my past ranging from LSD to crak but none of them got a grip of me like herowin did.