Notices

Elevated liver enzymes from Suboxone??

Old 04-22-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Elevated liver enzymes from Suboxone??

Does anyone know if elevated liver enzymes are associated with taking Suboxone? I have never had elevated liver enzymes before...until I started drinking/taking pills...then they were slightly elevated in December 2008. I quite drinking, quit taking Norco, Vicodin, etc. etc. and have been on Suboxone since Jan 1st 2009. I just had labs done, and my liver enzymes are higher than EVER...so, my doctor is doing an Ultrasound next week, and more labs, and tests...but has this happened to anyone else on Suboxone longterm?????
Old 04-23-2010, 12:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope everything turns out ok

Kittens

I am pretty sure that members of this forum are not allowed to post medical advice, or links to other websites. I just went to google, however, and searched for "suboxone elevated liver enzymes" and found your post (that got there quickly) as well as a bunch of other information. One forum had a thread that was particularly helpful...one person claims that they had elevated liver enzymes while on suboxone, but they went down to normal when she switched to subutex.

In any event, your Dr. is the place to go. I assume that he knows that you are on suboxone?

good luck, I hope things turn out ok
Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ditto. And the answer is "no" .I've not heard of any medical problem (including liver problems) caused by the drug. None of us are qualified to interpret lab reports, your doctor is.

We are here to work on our own recovery, and are happy to help you in any way we can......not offer medical advice!

Originally Posted by NewDoorOpens View Post

In any event, your Dr. is the place to go. I assume that he knows that you are on suboxone?

good luck, I hope things turn out ok
Old 04-29-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Goya2463

Cool

Originally Posted by kittens4 View Post
Does anyone know if elevated liver enzymes are associated with taking Suboxone? I have never had elevated liver enzymes before...until I started drinking/taking pills...then they were slightly elevated in December 2008. I quite drinking, quit taking Norco, Vicodin, etc. etc. and have been on Suboxone since Jan 1st 2009. I just had labs done, and my liver enzymes are higher than EVER...so, my doctor is doing an Ultrasound next week, and more labs, and tests...but has this happened to anyone else on Suboxone longterm?????
Yes,hello thanks God You realized it to i'm going truw the same issue and it is scaring me cause i could die sooner then i thought please let me know what the doctor tells you i'm trying to stop taking the pills little by little. my results were higher to with my liver this is serious...I'm not saying i'm a doctor but i'm going truw the same thing and it all started when i got on suboxon,i'm trying to find out the same as you.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Goya2463

I'ved been on suboxon going on a year and today thanks god I have an appiontment and will talk to the Doctor about this issue cause i changed Doctors this Doctor might help me better i will let you know in the even what he tells me..God willing if not today tommorrow at this same time.God bless you and everyone out there..
Old 05-01-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Goya2463

Hello everyone out there I was at the doctor and draw some blood and told the doctor about the liver enzymes and the doctor told me these exact words it only happens to a few people and i look at him like hello' what you mean a few people and the doctor told me if i'm on other meds it complicates with the suboxon or if i'm drinking beer and so on well the issue is that the doctor did not tell me what i really was looking for which is the liver issue ,i guess when i get the results i'll find out ..then sorry just trying to stay sober another day i just got today ,i don't belive in keeping months cause when i keep track i fall on my face ,i lived it been there and back so i just keep it simble today..God Bless everyone..PS keep your head up high..