Notices

> 5mg !!

Old 03-24-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

> 5mg !!

Last night started the next step in the taper process! And so far so good! Down from 7.5 to 5 mg. Will do this until well into April before dropping down even further...I think I can actually see the light now..
Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snowman76 View Post
Last night started the next step in the taper process! And so far so good! Down from 7.5 to 5 mg. Will do this until well into April before dropping down even further...I think I can actually see the light now..
onward and upward. peace...
Old 03-24-2010, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have you tried dosing every other day? I'm taking methadone and then suboxone when I have run out of methadone early (starting to happen less). I've been on 70 mgs of methadone for 5 months and I like to test myself. I know that I can take a 20 mg dose Friday a.m. and not be truly methadone-sick until sunday night/monday morning. Also recently I knew I was gonna run out of my script way early, I dosed down to 10mg a day then everyother day then waited about 55 hours and took a suboxone dose. Subbed for a few days and after that felt fine. Maybe since your already so low you could try this? If it does not work take your methadone again. I saw in another post of yours you talking about not wanting to go through tappering for 2 more months, this could shorten it significantly.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ummm haven't tried skipping days yet, let me master the 5mg first, then I'll see about skipping days! I truly want to take this process as slow as possible to make life easier on me and my family. Plus I don't see that doctor anymore so I don't have access to Suboxone.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Okie dokie. I think at this stage in your opiate maintenance it might mostly be mental. Recently I started seeing a therapist that mainly works with patients on their chemical dependency. This has helped a lot, have you seeked this type of help along with your opiate maintenance?

Last edited by junkie1988; 03-24-2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: mis-worded
Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I AM seeing a therapist, but it's more for my marriage though. She is aware of what I'm doing as far as tapering off Methadone. I'm pretty much doing this on my own, with the support of family and friends....and of course you guys.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You could be right though. so far since I've lowered to 5mg, I haven't noticed any physical conditions that telling me that I'm taking less.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I posted this yesterday and it must have gotten lost. . I normally pst in the substance abuse forum, but wanted to ask a question and i hope i dont sound really dumb. I am on 10 mg of subxone, and i cant stop thinking about when I am taken off of it. How much exactly is .5mg.. I have heard of people shaving off tiny crumbs at the end. is that what the .5 is? thats really low to get down to and congrats on that! i have read how really hard it is to taper down. I was just really curious how much that was. Thank you in advance for your responses and I hope you are all having a lovely Wed!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tennladybb View Post
I posted this yesterday and it must have gotten lost. . I normally pst in the substance abuse forum, but wanted to ask a question and i hope i dont sound really dumb. I am on 10 mg of subxone, and i cant stop thinking about when I am taken off of it. How much exactly is .5mg.. I have heard of people shaving off tiny crumbs at the end. is that what the .5 is? thats really low to get down to and congrats on that! i have read how really hard it is to taper down. I was just really curious how much that was. Thank you in advance for your responses and I hope you are all having a lovely Wed!
Not sure about .5 mg. I'm know I'm currently on "5mg" of methadone a day. And that is taking a "quarter" of the a 10mg pill, twice a day. so far so good.

Determining exactly ".5mg" , I think would be tough.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

oh, im sorry i thougt you were talking about suboxone... see, im ditzy, lol... maybe someone on here, though, that might pass by this thread, maybe you could let me know I have heard people talking about .5 etc with subs.. this would be hard to determine, tho. you are right
Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tennladybb View Post
oh, im sorry i thougt you were talking about suboxone... see, im ditzy, lol... maybe someone on here, though, that might pass by this thread, maybe you could let me know I have heard people talking about .5 etc with subs.. this would be hard to determine, tho. you are right
:day6

no worries Tennessee lady! Have a great weekend!