Notices

Suboxone And Constipation

Old 06-02-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone And Constipation

Crazy question, but since I have been taking Suboxone I have not gone #2, and I have IBS, and I now have a pain in my right side, and I am pretty sure I know what it is, so why do I not want to poop ? Anything that might help
Old 06-02-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Unhappy Med & Constipation

Hi hulahan,

I hope it hasn't been too many days....don't know if you keep track of this but any type of narcotic/opoid are famous for a person needing a laxative or not....some have the other problem.

I don't know myself because I have never done drugs but you had better get this checked out or you will be mighty sick.

orchards
Old 06-02-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hulihan,
I was doing opiates they never bothered me i was regular as could be when I woke up it was time. I started suboxe someone was talking bout being constipated and in abouy a week I was. I went for 9 days without going once. I tried milkomag senacot all the other things nothing seemed to help, I had pain in my side also and it was terrible when I did go. I didnt feel the urge to go but just felt all bloated. I been off the subs bout two months and about three days after Quit I was better. Wish you the best.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I spoke to my Dic late yesterday and he told me to get some Exlax over the counter, my wife went and got it and I took three over a 5 hour period and about 3:30 this morning, I woke up and my system empted, I had bad pains and I know from the past it was because I had not gone #2, I have a doctors app tomrrow and that is when we discussed my get off the Subs plan, I have read so much on this site and a couple others, that I will taper off slowley, my Opioates habit was big. I have been on the subs for 10 or 11 days, but I feel good and ready to get off the ups and downs I do not like ! Keep you posted.
Craig
Old 06-05-2009, 09:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yeah i dont think i pooped regular for over a year im at low dose sub and have a bm evry morning sobriety is worth it for that alone
Old 06-06-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sobriety is worth it for that alone , Thats funny !! How are you doing today, hope well !!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
yeah i dont think i pooped regular for over a year im at low dose sub and have a bm evry morning sobriety is worth it for that alone
EVERY morning, I think this, Jimba! I still want to use and I tell myself in the morning, "But, do you want to give up being able to poop???" LOL Hey! I take whatever encourages me to stay clean.

OP... your best bet is stool softeners ON A REGULAR BASIS. Maximum daily dose, every day, with lots of water. I also found one that contained a mild stimulant which I interspersed. Keep an enema or two in the closet, just in case. When I used harsher laxatives, I found that I vomited as much (if not more) than I sh!t, so be careful!

Constipation -- it's simply the way of opioids. Few escape its terranny!
Old 08-11-2018, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Constitpation

Originally Posted by hulihan View Post
Crazy question, but since I have been taking Suboxone I have not gone #2, and I have IBS, and I now have a pain in my right side, and I am pretty sure I know what it is, so why do I not want to poop ? Anything that might help
My doctor suggested GENERALAC....it is a liquid stool softener and does not have a bad taste. It works better and more efficiently than Duclolax or other anti-constipation remedies I tried.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Constitpation

My Doctor recommended GENERALAC....a liquid stool softener (prescrition) that work more efficiently/differently than other laxatives. It did not have any taste at all, was easy to take and withing a few days had NO problems with constipation. To me, it kept me very regular, but not as harsh as some other stool softeners.