Notices

Help I have been over doing my sub

Old 05-11-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Help I have been over doing my sub

I have been having more pain in my knees again and when I started the sub It seemed to be down to a dull could deal with pain with alieve. I really feel like I am totally screwing up fact I know I am. I have to get back on track. I was doing so good working in the yard my greenhouse looks better than it ever has Hubby says Im overdoing it. Probably true. Any Ideas how to get back on track has anyone ever taken over their limit on sub enuff so your not going to make it till your next dr appt? How did you manage this. Help!! I want to suceed in this program. I have been on sub for about 5/6 wks thanks for listening. Karen:praying
Old 05-11-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Karen,

Sorry. Your predicament is not a good place to be. I abused my Sub once but it didn't matter, as far as pill count went, because I had been tapering it beforehand (which led to the cravings, which led to the abuse). I'm so sorry that you took MORE Sub for pain. Everything that I have read regarding pain management and Suboxone, states that the lower doses work better to control pain.

Of course, none of that gives you any help. Again, I'm sorry. The only thing that I can suggest is to tell your doctor (though the addict in me is tempted to recommend that you taper 1mg or 2mg and make up for the difference on your own). Many doctors will not give you more Sub when you abuse (over use) them. They will tell you to taper 1mg or 2mg and make up the difference. Many people can cut out the entire day's dose for the day before the doctor appointment. Due to the half-life of bupe, you should not get that dope sick (some don't get sick at all at 24 hours). Then, you can fill your new script and be on your merry way to taking your Sub in the amount prescribed.

I don't know if that helps at all. I wish that I had more to offer.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Make an appointment with our doctor. Explain to him your problem and what you where trying to do, he should give you more. This is something everybody has to realize is that sub is not like Oxies or Vikes. It curbs the craving and isn't supposed to get you "high".

You took to many because of old habits you realize what you did your Dr. can you help. Obviously you can't do this every month but you are still in induction really. Don't just call and ask for more pills talk to his nurse explain the situation completely and make an appointment right away the Dr. may even talk to you on the phone. You are new and don't understand the drug and its effects thats the key to your story and its not untrue. Depending on your dosage you should feel good for 24-48 hours maybe more you just started and they may have saturated you to the gills.

I don't know your circumstances but here is a piece of advise. If you are using the sub to get off pains pills use the 21 day detox plan talk to the dr about it. The reason being you will become addicted to the sub just like whatever you where taking before and you will have to deal with that.

The happiest people and best stories on these posts are those who use the sub for detox not long term use. I can tell you from experience and I am still detoxing and it is not comfortable. I am not "dope sick" but my Dr. did an over kill on me. Sometimes I think docs get a kickback for hocking these pills, but then I think there is no way it would be a total conflict of interest. Don't know not a Dr.. If you are going to relapse relapse to the subs.

always talk to Dr. about your meds. don't screw with dosages with out, if you don't agree with him find a doctor who cares about YOU and let him help you.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kboomm View Post
I have been having more pain in my knees again and when I started the sub It seemed to be down to a dull could deal with pain with alieve. I really feel like I am totally screwing up fact I know I am. I have to get back on track. I was doing so good working in the yard my greenhouse looks better than it ever has Hubby says Im overdoing it. Probably true. Any Ideas how to get back on track has anyone ever taken over their limit on sub enuff so your not going to make it till your next dr appt? How did you manage this. Help!! I want to suceed in this program. I have been on sub for about 5/6 wks thanks for listening. Karen:praying

SOOOOO..... Whats going on?????????????????????????????
Old 05-15-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Arrow

Well I have been taking 1 a day broken into 2 or 4 pieces its helping I stopped all the work in the greenhouse. I guess when I dropped from 4 sometimes 5 it screwed up my bloodpressure I was 84/60 heart rate 47 so they took me to the hospital said I was dehydrated from taking my water pills with no potassiam and said it was caused by the suboxone also I will make it to my dr although I did call her and told her what I had done and the results I learned a big lesson over this little steps and dont over take my meds. Dr told me to call her if I get real bad I told her I have enuff to take about 3/4 a pill a day now which will have to get me by I will sleep through it I suppose and get up for a few hrs a day have to tend my baby chicks my project to help keep me sober hugssssss n ty for all your answers and help :praying Karen
Old 05-18-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have knee problems too, and it is very painful at times. I have also ran out of sub early from doubling up on painful days.You can usually skip a day ,take one,skip a day,etc. I have done it many times with no problems.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I'm glad you talked to your doctor about this. I don't have any advice on how to get through this as far as the Suboxone goes, but from an addicts point of view, I want to reply to your thread.

Are you working any kind of a Program? I realize that most times when I respond to someone I ask that question, but maintaining any amt of clean time and getting into true Recovery, wasn't possible for me until I began working a Program of Recovery. I'm in a MMT Program and have been since '05. I more than likely will remain on Methadone indefinately due to my chronic pain conditions and the Methadone helps keep the physical pain tolerable. But just removing the drugs and taking Suboxone or Methadone isn't enough, IMO. I cannot tell you how important I feel it is to begin a Program of Recovery, building up f2f support (as well as here on SR) get a Sponsor and work the Steps. Doing these things is what finally got to the bottom of why I used in the first place and it enabled me to dump the garbage that I was carrying with me. I had tried too many times to just remove the drugs and all that did was make me more miserable because my mind kept going.

I hope you'll give Meetings a try, that is if you aren't already going. Meetings, the Steps and a God of my understanding and a strong support system are what finally allowed me to begin to live my life Happy, Joyous & Free!

God Bless,
Judy