Notices

DAY 2 of Suboxone!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile DAY 2 of Suboxone!

Personal Info: I am a 22 year old social worker in Ohio. I came clean to my job this past Wednesday and they are going to keep me staffed there as a counselor and accomodate me with my recovery. I have an AoD counselor at a local agency and used my tax refund to go to a private psychiatrist for suboxone. I've been an addict since September 2011 and at my peak I was taking 15 7.5 mg vicodin a day and just led to broken relationships, finances, and stability overall.

Day 1:
Received a script of 30 8mg. suboxone film strips to last me two weeks (my doc sees me again on the 18th). Before day 1 I last used 50mg. of methadone two days before, so when I took the first strip I knew I would go through the temporary withdrawals...and it was 100x horrible than I imagined.

20 minutes after the strip fully dissolved I felt a tingle in my butt and had to poop. I was on the toilet for 5 minutes when I started becoming disoriented and sweaty. I could barely wipe myself and pull up my pants..I splashed some water on my face..next thing I know I am over the toilet puking my guts out. After I get cleaned up I laid down in my bed and set my alarm for 30 minutes because I had a counselor apt. that day also. I felt right asleep and had no problems as I closed my eyes and remained in sleep mode. Thirty minutes later I wake up completely refreshed and amazing..I didn't feel "high"..I just felt "normal" and more energized than I have ever felt (except on opiates). For the rest of the day that one strip took away my withdrawals and made me feel "normal" again.

Day 2
Took one strip at 10a.m. this morning. Those things are a pain in the ass when it comes to dissolving..I feel like a zombie with my tongue out..pushing it on my tongue and so forth. From 10a.m.-5p.m. I felt amazing. No withdrawals, very energetic, talkative, and.....well...NORMAL. I took another strip at 6p.m. and am continuing to feel the same as I write this. I know this is only the beginning but Suboxone is truly a miracle drug to help us who have fallen victim to the "circles of opiate hell".
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was on suboxone for 4&1/2 years & now wish i'd never heard of it. In my opinion, it's like putting gasoline on a fire. Sure, I thought I was doing well on it for a few years but it eventualy catches up with you. Considering your habit, if you use it for only a week & step it down, you should be ok. Beyond that you are absolutely asking for trouble. The stuff is very hard to get off of because if its extremely long half life & because it sticks like glue to your receptors. I ended up going to Mexico to do ******** to get off it. I say find another way to reclaim your life before this stuff, the doctor & Reckitt Benkiser (maker of sub) take you prisoner. good luck