My Story Zencat

Old 02-01-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

My Story Zencat

Hello I'm Will a.k a. Zencat.

What it was like.
A lot of highly intoxicated days end on end for a very long time. Same story as many an alcoholic/addict, some days good some days bad.

What happened.

Some 17 years ago after an arrest, sitting in a jail cell a thought came to me; maybe its time to stop drugging and drinking. Well in those 17 years I have went and went out of recovery/sobriety countless times. Staying sober for a few years to staying drunk for a few years and all points inbetween. The words of wisdom "keep coming back" to recovery always gave me hope in my darkest of times active addiction.

So I have been trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying, trying to stay sober/clean.
And it happen.
One year sober/clean .

What Changed.

Because of; asking for help, following direction, getting support, doing something different, learning about addiction and recovery options, having a recovery plan to put into action, be of service and letting-go. All of these key points have saved my sanity, freedom and life countless times.

What it's like now.

Many days I'm in a good mood. On other days when my mood is low. I can at least manage those low moods and stay safe because of my recovery toolss and support. Having a recovery plan to practice is just the best way to live for me. Its not just addiction recovery practice, but an all around practice of healthy that inspires to give more of myself and live peacefully.

"Letting-go" has been one of my biggest life lesson. it doesn't take any effort and is available any time of the day.. It is teaching me patience, gratitude, forgiveness, tolerance...well the list goes on and on.

As special big hug of gratitude for all the SR moderators. I have been helped a great deal because by them.
Thank you.

The whole SR community is an amazing place. So many knowledgeable members take the time to pass down knowledge/experience for everyone willing to learn/practice something new. That is just beautiful. Wow I have been helped so many times.
Thank You.

With much gratitude thank you one in all.
Respectfully Will G.