Butterfly Kisses/ My Story

Old 01-05-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Butterfly Kisses/ My Story

No more

I first used meth when I was 14 years old. My grandma was an alcoholic and I ran rapid, doing whatever I wanted. I fell into the wrong crowd at school and started with weed and went straight to meth. I thought it was amazing. I would snort it and smoke it. I was to the point where I was going over to my friends' house alone to get high with his parents even if he wasn't there. I started a blog on about my drug use. It quickly caught on to local law enforcement and I was caught at school with drug paraphernalia. I was sent to outpatient group counseling but I quickly stopped going. That's when I found Sober Recovery.

In April of 2006 I started talking to this guy. He had been involved in meth before but was clean and sober. I got clean from meth May 2006, We started dating shortly after and were each other's support to stay clean.

February 2009 we had our first child together. I was 18 years old and just graduated college. The following year we got married. What a perfect start to my adult life..... or so I thought. Within 6 months of our marriage I started to get suspicious. He would either be gone or when he was home he was staying up all through the night. I had an idea it was meth but he would always have an excuse. Our relationship quickly turned violent. He would abuse me, physically and mentally. But still I stuck by his side to make our family work.

Finally around Dec 2012 he admitted to me his drug use. I was SO HAPPY he could finally be honest. He told me he was ready to stop, and all he needed was my support. Everything was good for about 2 weeks, and then the same old started happening. I knew he was using again. We became more distant and tired of me always accusing him of using. May 2013 he started cheating on me with another girl addicted to meth. My world came crashing down. The only thing stopping me from using was my 4 year old little girl... July 2013 we got into a fight. He had me by the hair and cops busted into the house and took him to jail. The judge issued a no-contact order (not our first one)... and he has been out of my house since. The day after he went to jail I FILED FOR DIVORCE. It was hard, but so worth it. I had lost so many things during my marriage, including my self. Novemember 2013 I moved out of town and bought my first home

My husband and I spent a year building houses in a self help housing program, they took it away from me right before completion because my husbands lack of participation. But I begged and wrote letters and won it back with the approval of the board. I'm so lucky, and so blessed now... my life couldn't be better.

My inspiration is my little girl. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for her!

Last edited by Opivotal; 05-06-2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Link to Blog Rule#1/ Title Format