Bobsies/ My Story

Old 08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bobsies/ My Story

Hmmm well. I guess I'll just jump towards the end. I was a heroin addict also addicted to coke, and xanax. I got to the point where I no longer was talking to my family. I really wanted to kill myself and sent a letter to my mom through email, really just a cry for help. She called my university and they searched my room and found bad stuff.

They kicked me out of school, kicked me out of my housing, I no longer had any money, nobody trusted me etc. I decided to go to treatment. It ended up being a christian treatment center where you worked to pay for your counseling and such. I'm not really a Christian, but whatever. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but the best thing. I ended up finding a love for meetings, finding a sponsor, meeting some good people.

I left treatment went back to school. Ended up getting straight A's for 1.5 years, and graduated school. Now I work and am a contributing member of society. Nobody would expect that I used to do what I did. I don't pretend that everything is perfect in my life, as a matter of fact I'm really stressed out right now. That's why I joined this site today, but my life is amazing, It's all about sticking it out. A lot of people say if I could do it anyone could do it. I'll second that statement.

Last edited by Opivotal; 03-09-2017 at 11:14 AM. Reason: correct title format