Step 2

Old 01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Step 2

Step 2: Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

What is my concept of a Higher Power at this time? Believe in a higher power other than myself. Strength, faith, Spirituality

What would it take to allow my concept of my Higher Power to change? nothing i believe in god

Have past experiences affected my concept of a Higher Power? If so, how?
My experiences have led me to believe that someone helps me deal with the trials and tribulations of the world.

What do I hope to gain from accepting the concept of a Power greater than myself?
Strength
Do I sense spiritual guidance in my life? How?
I ask god daily to give me the strength to do what i need to do and take care of my life.

How do I describe the Higher Power I found in Al-Anon?
Not sure yet

What does “Let Go and Let God” mean to me?
I cant control the world and to turn it over to a higher power means that i accept i have no control over what is going on but i can let god deal for me.

What does faith mean to me?
to belive in something greater than myself worrying myself to death

With whom and in what circumstances am I comfortable discussing my spiritual experiences?
My mom, a few close friends.

What might I gain from believing I could be supported and loved by a Power greater than myself?
Strength, love faith

What does “came to believe” mean to me?
That i have more than just myself to deal
What does sanity mean to me?
hard to say what is sain?

How has the alcoholic situation affected my sanity? My life?
Havioc

Have I allowed the alcoholic situation to become my Higher Power? How?
I have started to put my worries to the higher power in help

How has my thinking become distorted trying to handle the alcoholic behavior?
I have tried to rationalize with him, i have tried to understand, do a give and take, what havent i tried. i tried a every day u dont drink i will put money in a envelop as a good behavior reward, i have tried so much

How have I turned to a Power greater than myself in times of great need? Did I call another Al-Anon member? My sponsor? Did I read Al Anon Conference Approved Literature (CAL)? Did I go to a meeting? If not, why not?
I have asked god to give me the strength to make the right decision for me and my baby. Have not yet been to a meeting but i have found this site, information and loving support, i converse with my friends

In working this Step, can I describe a Step Two experience to my sponsor or my group? In a written sharing?
will do
When have I done the same things over and over, yet expected different results?
repetedly