Step Three: The Practical

Old 06-22-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Step Three: The Practical

So what does this step mean to you? How do you practice this step in your daily life? Daily prayer? Meditation? What let's you know you are doing it "right"?
Old 06-22-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Step three is making a decision, plain and simple.

Personally I have books with daily readings in them that I like to use in the mornings. I also signed up via email to get a daily meditation from Hazeldon that I read.

The third step prayer from the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous is also a good way for me to start the day.

Does that help any?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I struggled and bitched and moaned about Step Three with my sponsor for over a year. "How do you do it?" "I WANT to turn my life over, I PRAY to turn my life over, wah wah wah..."

she just rolled her eyes or smiled and said, "it'll happen."

then one day i realized that i'd taken step three. i didn't know when or how it happened. it just did.

i can never explain how i work the steps. it's like trying to explain how i write. it just happens. i know not how.

what i do know is that i am aware that i can do nothing without God. I need his help. I need his love. I depend on Him, and He never lets me down.

How did that happen? Did I do that, or did He?

lame, i know. but that's how it happened for me--and continues to happen, one day at a time.