Notices

shaun00 step 8

Old 03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

shaun00 step 8

I guess bill knew the mind of the alcoholic when he used the word "all" twice in this step.
I have to confess my mind still smarts from the thought of having to approach "him" lol
The book tells me something quite stark..."faith without works is dead"...from experience, i already know that my life based on my will and and without a guiding spirit is pretty ugly...

My list is mostly gleaned from step 4.....although i find myself adding a few names....over the last couple of weeks, events and names have come to mind, adding further to the list....i believe god is bringing people and those events to the foremost of my mind....i am prepared, let this be done....
A list cant kill me right?.......just maybe some people that are on it lol.

I am searching deep inside myself .......and avoiding completely what the 12 x12 calls "purposeful forgetting".....no corner must go without illumination.

The last sentence on this step in the 12 x 12 ......Fills me with hope and a new joy...........
". It is the beginning of the end of isolation from our fellows and from god "
Old 03-23-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

faith without works is dead
works without faith is dead too
Old 10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am just starting my 8 th step and very reluctant to dig up the past, I was just starting to feel comfortable but my HP won't let it alone.
So my first step was to come here and get advice and support and realized I had read this months ago and have done nothing during the interim.
How it's going Shaun?
CaiHong
Old 11-09-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess bill knew the mind of the alcoholic when he used the word "all" twice in this step.

In what way does he used the word "all" twice? Is this in the Big Book?

....nevermind....found it...

"Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all."
Old 11-09-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

cool beans,shaun!

"A list cant kill me right?" no, avoiding it can
"just maybe some people that are on it lol." look at the 9th step
" ...except when to do so would injure them or others." you are one of the others.

nnow, iffen ya do a lil reflecting of what you've done so far, i am sure you will see that all the footwork to this point has done nothing but help ya get further away from who you were, further away from that last drink, and closer to the person God wants you to be.