Notices

Where do you listen to Step 5?

Old 01-06-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where do you listen to Step 5?

I was curious where everyone listens to Step 5. I did part of my Step 5 in a restaurant which was really uncomfortable. Another part of it I did at my sponsor's place of work-we tried to read it when people weren't really around. Most of it was at her house but one of her teenaged kids popped in from time to time.

I'm listening to my sponsee's 5th step in a library, but even that is a bit of a hassle. I had to fill out a 3 page form of why I wanted to reserve a room. And the librarian has walked in abruptly three times without knocking. It's strange.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Bump
Old 01-13-2018, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm not sure why no one's answering this.

Where did you all do your 5th steps? Church? At home? In a car? Via skype? At a diner?
Old 01-13-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

im surprised i didnt see this earlier.
i think location has to be somewhere both are comfortable. i think its important for a sponsee to think the location through to help the sponsee feel more comfortable.

personally i did it in my sponsors truck on a roadtrip.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

I did mine at my sponsors house in private
I hear sponsee`s here at my house when no one is here.I unplug the landline,lock the front door,and turn off all cell phones so no interuptions
Old 01-13-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Tomsteve and Tommy. :-) I knew I could count on you both to reply. That was helpful to read. Much more polite and respectful than reading at a busy diner......
Old 09-28-2018, 02:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Monday a week ago we was on my back porch for about 4-5 hours.
Today I got to hear another one,on the back porch of my place again
7 hours today,I feel great but tired,I hope he is ok
he was when he left
Old 09-28-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

there is nothing I have done that I have not shared with my Beloved Christian Mother but my Sponsor I told first long ago I let my whale out first it still hurts it involved a unborn child with a married women i will never know if the child was mine all i know is it still hurts when i think about it
Old 10-04-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Dsmaxis.

I am so happy for you that you have a very loving mother. That's something you can carry in your heart forever.

I am sorry for the hurt you feel when remembering a painful memory. If I have a painful memory come up, I just let it float away like a balloon. I work on not attaching to it.

Be well.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

Originally Posted by dsmaxis10 View Post
there is nothing I have done that I have not shared with my Beloved Christian Mother but my Sponsor I told first long ago I let my whale out first it still hurts it involved a unborn child with a married women i will never know if the child was mine all i know is it still hurts when i think about it

I had a serious past hurt once.I did all I could but it was still there.Finally,I read steps 8 and 9 in the big book.I wrote a letter to them pouroing out what was in my heart..Didn`t do much good.I kept writing what was inside of me hurting me in the letters.It gradually got better.Finally one day,after about 25 letters or more,I knew it was over.The hurt was finally diminished to the point where I could live with it ok.
I knew then it was over.Sometimes that hurt has to be dealt with over a period of time.In my case,it took effort and time but it worked.There was no one time fix for it but a gradual chipping away at it.
It went way past amends to healing the trauma inside of me.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

1. My sponsor has a screened porch with wind chimes that seem to be inspired by a higher power. It's pretty serene and private.

2. My apartment. I live alone and my place is peaceful.

3. A park.

Always private and peaceful.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
1. My sponsor has a screened porch with wind chimes that seem to be inspired by a higher power. It's pretty serene and private.

2. My apartment. I live alone and my place is peaceful.

3. A park.

Always private and peaceful.
Thank you, sugarbear. This was very helpful. I'm going to keep this in mind when my sponsee is ready for Step 5. She deserves it.

I really appreciate your reply. The person who heard the first part of my 5th step heard it in a crowded diner, and then at her place of work. This was so not peaceful or private. At least I know now that that's not the norm.