Notices

Starting Fresh

Old 01-19-2017, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting Fresh

Hello:

I just confessed to my sponsor that I drank a handful of times since we started working the steps together back in October 2016. I was terrified of doing this but surprised by her loving and non-judgemental reaction. I met her on a recovery email list/group and she is great. We were doing step 10 together when I confessed. She is the only person I have done step 5 with and knows absolutely everything about me, my darkest secrets, flaws, etc.

I want to start from step 1 all over again admitting this morning that I am powerless over alcohol and that that my life has become unmanageable. I am so ready to live my life without the poison of alcohol. Having confessed to my sponsor has lifted a huge burden off my shoulders. It left me filled with hope and faith that with the help of my HP I can live a life of peace and serenity.

Thank you for having me,

Maggie
Old 02-08-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What an inspiring message! How has it been going? Are you staying sober?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Namaste63 View Post
I just confessed to my sponsor that I drank a handful of times since we started working the steps together back in October 2016. I was terrified of doing this but ....(did it anyway) ......
GOOD FOR YOU Maggie!

I know it sounds funny but admitting you drank/drink that you lied......that's a KEY to getting and staying sober.

"....but many of them do recover if they have the ability to be honest." In the past, you would continue to just lie right? Recovery is often about doing the exact opposite of what we'd typically do in the same situation in the past.