Notices

My time to admit im an alcoholic

Old 07-18-2011, 01:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My time to admit im an alcoholic

I have done the steps in the past but I truly don't think I was fully honest with myself in admitting my weakness in alcohol. When I first started drinking back when I was 19 I was oblivious to alcohol. I was introduced through drinking by a means of chugging back as much beers are you can get away with in one night. It was pretty bad for me. I was so drunk I was in a blackout and I did and said things to my cousins girlfriends that I regretted later. I even got mad at my older cousin who was smashed out of his mind and he was making fun of me in front of the girls. I stormed out and my other cousin followed me and gave me comfort. I made the mistake of calling her brother an ******* and she was so mad at me she went back in without another word. I guess she told him because my 6 foot 5 cousin came storming out to confront what I said to her. Luckily I was hiding from him but he was like a yeti on a roid rage. He never found me. At least this is what I was told the next day what I done. IT was pure simple fact that I basically a drunk from the very start. At first I didn't like to get too drunk but when I soon discovered that I could get away with being drunk in the basement on my own I figured it was the only way to enjoy my drinking by playing COD. That way i was alone in the basement of my parents home and no one could disturb me or make fun of me. So things grew into a problem when I was sitting in that basement and drinking my face off. I;d buy enough liquor to last me from 8om till 4am in the morning. I'd sometimes pass out in the basement and would remain down there till my hangover was gone.I never knew I had a problem. I thought it was normal to drink that way and especially on my own. The parents caught up with my plot and even went downstairs and found all my empties lying under the couch. It was so bad one time that they removed the couch to show me I had a problem and the bottom was filled with nothing but liquor bottles.Today I know I have a drinking problem and Im just a day sober once again. But after tonight going inthe chat room and was given hope I realized that I DO want to stay sober for the rest of my life. Things are just falling down hill if I continue my ways. So thats why I would like to take this time and take step 1 again. I admit that i am powerless over alcohol and that my life is becoming unmanageable. I'm very proud to be in AA and I really do want to work extra hard in the program so I can remain sober. One day at a time. Thanks for reading!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Admitting and accepting are different, yet both are necessary. Surrendering is also necessary.