Ho'oponopono - Page 4 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2019, 04:43 AM   #61 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

I'm glad this conversation is continuing! I've really been enjoying it.

I think that all the religions have truth to them. I refuse to accept that God would reject one of his children because of differing beliefs, or access to information. It seems like we all believe that what we do in this life makes a difference for when we move on to the next phase, after we die.

I think that all the spiritual knowledge is neutral, and that the more true it is, the more powerful it is, and the more layered it can be, with deeper and deeper levels of understanding and uses. That's when it starts to matter about who knows about the knowledge, because some people are more corruptible and end up using the power for personal gain. It's not that absolute power corrupts absolutely, it's that absolute power attracts the most corruptible. Some of these Corruptibles have purposefully hidden or confused the knowledge. They use the knowledge against us, to keep us confused and asleep and disconnected from God. They understand about using language/numerology to cast spells, and symbology to get deep into our subconscious to deliver these spells. We are indoctrinated our whole lives about what to believe.

I was reading the bible yesterday and for the second time I noticed it talks about the Spirit of Truth. I think that the Spirit of Truth is active in our world today, working hard to awaken people. Logos is rising!

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John 16:13

I learned that part of the layers of Christ being born of a virgin is astrological. At the winter solstice the sun stands still for three days and starts moving again on the 25th, and I believe, although I'm not 100% sure that the sun rises in Virgo, so that's the Son/Sun born of a virgin. This year is special because the 26th is going to be the new moon, so it will be the darkest it can be, during the darkest part of the year, and the new moon will be in Capricorn. Our Corruptible, insane rulers will be doing some Satanic/Luciferian occult rituals for sure.

I briefly delved into Sikhism. That's an interesting religion. I barely scratched the surface of what they believe, but came away thinking it was like Buddhism, but with a God. At some point, I'll do a deep dive into it. There's just so much to learn and not enough time. I wish I'd spent my life researching God instead of pouring beer down my throat!

I've had the insight that if it wasn't for the life that I've led, growing up outside the law and having a rebellious spirit instilled into me, and then going through the school of hard knocks and seeing the seedier side of human nature, and then being so terribly betrayed by my friend, over nothing, she sold me out over f*ck all. If it hadn't been for these experiences, I wouldn't have believed the things I've learned this last year, or been able to accept that true evil exists. Being gifted with this awakening has made all of my past worth it. I wouldn't trade or change any of it, because it led me back to God and gave me the understanding to handle the knowledge. It gives me faith that God has a plan, even though I don't know what to do with everything I've learned. My instinct is to try to awaken everyone else, but most people don't want to wake up, in fact they will fight to stay asleep. So I just keep learning and planting ideas, or seeds, into people's minds.

Like here's one. When it comes to abortion, it's my body, my choice. But when it comes to vaccination, then it's not my body, my choice - or my children's bodies and their choice. That tells me it's not about protecting the children. The reason people can use religious to exempt them from vaccinating their families is because there is aborted fetal tissue in the vaccines. That's not conspiracy, that's right from the government. Just more inversion Beast system nonsense.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Wholesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wholesome For This Useful Post:
AlericB (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 07:45 AM   #62 (permalink)

You've said a lot of things there! But just to pick up on learning and truth, the philosopher John Stuart Mill said that on things that can't be decided unequivocally the best way to find the truth is through debate and enquiry. So I think what you were saying about research and delving into things is the right approach. We need to learn what the range of opinions is and then think for ourselves about the views that can be held. When Jesus said "I am the Truth." that seems to mean that we should be very concerned to find the truth.

Two things seem to be important here. First of all, there is an absolute truth, or at least I believe that anyway. And this means that everyone's opinion is not equally true. There is only one truth and it is absolute.

But the second thing is that we don't know who, if anyone, has got the truth! We can't ever be sure that we have the truth. So although there is an absolute truth, it's very difficult to decide who has it, if anyone. All human claims to knowledge are provisional. This is not relativism however, it isn't that there is no truth, it's just the view that the truth is very difficult to find.

We talked about science earlier and the difference between religiom and science is that we're never going to get conclusive verification of our ideas in religion. We're always going to be stuck in the position of debate and enquiry. That seems to me to mean that we should have some humility about our views. I believe in Christianity but I can't be certain that it is true. I can see that other people can come to different conclusions and, like you said, I don't believe that God will condem us for contentiously holding a different opinion. I think God would say something like "I'm glad that you believed that conscientiously, only it just so happens that I am here, and you are wrong!"
AlericB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlericB For This Useful Post:
Wholesome (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 08:17 AM   #63 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

You are so right about not knowing if what you think you know is true. I guess that's what causes all the fighting! And no matter how much we think we know, it's still only a tiny tiny sliver of what's out there.

I agree that not all knowledge is equally true, or equally of merit. There is plenty of religious dogma that ought to be swept into the dustbin of time. I believe that some of it has been purposefully perverted to lead people astray. I'm approaching it forensically, picking up bits here and there, and then using my own gnosis and experiences to filter through it. I'm finding it to be like an adventure! It's so interesting and satisfying. I feel like the Spirit of truth has been with me, leading and guiding me. Like I'll hear about the same concept from multiple sources, in a short period of time, when the idea is totally new to me. There's been so much synchronicity.

What do you think about the fibonacci spiral and the golden ratio? Music and math are truths and bridges into the spiritual. Learning about sacred geometry and harmonics blew my mind. I have to be honest, I have a hard time wrapping my mind around some of the concepts, but I bet you get them!

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 09:26 PM   #64 (permalink)

Isn't a Fibonnaci spiral one of those twisty things that Fibonnaci discovered?

We've been talking of God as a mind-like ultimate reality that contains something analogous to thoughts, purposes and values. These are personal attributes so, while God is not a person like us, finite and embodied, it seems right to think of God as personal in some sense. So it seems natural to ask as to whether we can have a personal relationship with such a being.

It will be different than our relationships with other people. We can obviously see, hear and touch one another but God transcends our sense experience. We would have to relate to God in a mind-like rather than physical way.

We already have experince of something similar to this in introspection and self-knowledge. We can know something of our own minds without reference to our sense-experiences. When it comes it other people though it's not quite like this. We can't read other people's minds but we get to know through their behaviour, their expression and tone of voice and so on. These are physical signs of unseen thoughts and feelings.

The Jewish thinker Martin Buber described relationships like this, where we try to relate to another person by something that transcends the pirely physical, as an I-Thou relation, as opppossed to the I-It relation that we would have to physical objects.

There is of course much room for misunderstanding between persons. Some things may only be apparent to us when we really make an effort to understand. We may never find out some things about other people if they don't reveal them us, and that may depend upon whether they think we would understand what they revealed. But, still, but we try to do in a relationship is to learn about the other and share and do things together.

That was a brief sketch of the sorts of knowledge that are involved in personal relationships. It's clear that it's not just about physical things but also about the feelings, beliefs and purposes that is unique and special to each relationship.

The ‘I-Thou’ relation we experience with other people is, or is most like, the sort of relation we can have with God. If lived in an accidental, unknowing and uncaring universe then the I-It relationship of a purely scienctific understanding would be more appropriate. But if we live in relation to a supremely good mind, to God, then in an I-Thou relationship we might expect to learn something about that God and for God to help us attain the goal it wants for us.
Wholesome (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 03:24 AM   #65 (permalink)

Sorry, just read that back. Atrocious grammar and missing words, sorry! I always write on my phone and it's hard to see what you're writing. I struggled to read it myself, much like my own handwriting!
Wholesome (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 08:42 AM   #66 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

The Fibonacci spiral is a mathematical equation that forms spirals. The equation is made by adding the two previous numbers together, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21... and these spirals are found everywhere throughout nature, in flowers, and pine cones, and seashells. It's one of God's templates, I guess. It's really neat. Many great artists have used it to lay out their paintings. Leonardo Da Vinci comes to mind for using it. Music uses it with octaves. Even the planets have frequencies that spiral. In numerology, 6's spiral down to the earth from the sun, which is why 6 is the number of man and imperfect, and 9's spiral up to sun and 9 is considered magical because it contains all the numbers and none of them.

Then there's how frequencies form shapes and how everything is vibration and how all the mythologies talk about how creation was brought into being through the word, or sound. It's all about math and frequency and Light.

There are people who say you can be healed by finding the frequencies missing in your own voice and then listening to them.

I think the way to communicate with God is through music, math, color, and nature, and prayer, of course. Like who knows what else could be going on around us? We can only sense with the senses we have. There are color spectrum's we can't see, and frequencies we can't hear. Like where do we go when we sleep? What kind of energy do are thoughts hold? What about things like the collective unconscious? And why do we think there is a God? Who are we all talking to, and why do we all look up when we do it?

I have to say, your posts are stellar considering they are written off you phone! My posts would read like texts if I were do the same!

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 09:28 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholesome View Post
The Fibonacci spiral is a mathematical equation that forms spirals. The equation is made by adding the two previous numbers together, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21... and these spirals are found everywhere throughout nature
Is that a fib Wholesome?

Thanks for excusing all my typos! Must try better in my next post.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:31 AM   #68 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

Yeah that's the equation, except it's can go indefinitely. It's related to the Golden ratio in some way, but I can't remember. I think there are almost the same equation but there's some kind of variant.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 10:06 AM   #69 (permalink)

Please excuse my little joke before.

I do know this one. The Golden Ratio is approximately 1.61803398875 but it's an irrational number and the numbers carry on forever any without showing any pattern.

The Fibonacci sequence also carries on forever. To extend it a bit from the mumbers you gave, it starts 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144...

The relationship between them is that if you take one of the Fibonacci numbers and divide it by the previous one, you get closer to the Golden Ratio the further up the Fibonacc sequence you go.

So to take the last few numbers given above:

55/34 = 1.61764705882
89/55 = 1.61818181818
144/89 = 1.61797752809

As you can see, the result oscillates around the Golden Ratio, going lower than it, then higher then lower again but it gradually converges to the actual number.

And all done on a phone! I'm probably better off discussing things like this because they're fewer spelling mistakes with numbers.
Wholesome (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #70 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

I read a really beautiful book about the subject called Sacred Geometry for Artists, Dreamers, and Philosophers. Secrets of Harmonic Creation. By John Oscar Lieben. I bet you would really like it Aleric. I don't have the right language to explain it, but it's like the universe sings, and everything is connected by sound and Light.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 11:21 AM   #71 (permalink)

Fine with me Wholesome as long as I can wear earplugs and sunglasses if it gets too much.
Wholesome (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 11:35 AM   #72 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlericB View Post
Fine with me Wholesome as long as I can wear earplugs and sunglasses if it gets too much.
For some reason this reminds me of when I just stopped going to work this summer and my boyfriend would joke, "Are you checking out, or checking in?" And I'd say, "I'm checking out!"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 11:56 PM   #73 (permalink)

You mentioned music and maths. before and we can perhaps get some idea of what God is like if we think about these things like these.

Some people don't like music or just have no interest in it. But others find music gives them depths of feeling and understanding that are very worthwhile. And the same with relating to other people. I believe most people feel that in kindness and love they find something deeply worthwhile and appropriate but I'm sure there are some who see others as objects to be used and find close relationships to be a form of hell on earth - Sartre’s "Hell is other people".

I can't imagine believing in God without also feeling that there is intrinsic and objective value in things like music and relationships, beauty in nature and intellectual beauty in maths. Because these values are found supremely in God, and the world expresses some aspects or reflections of them. One reason to think that beauty in music etc. is objective and not just subjective is that you can learn to appreciate music and start to see beauty and depths in it from someone who understands it.

If there is all this objective beauty and value in things like this then it seems right to say that our fulfilment in life will be enhanced if we learn to just allow ourselves to appreciate them more fully, and even to try creating new expressions of them. This will give our lives purpose – as the Westminster Confession puts it, the human purpose is ‘to love God and enjoy him forever’.

People sometimes don't find a purpose in life and find life valueless. I believe religion can help people find this if they help them see the beauty and kindness that is around them, and offer kindness and friendship when it's not.
Wholesome (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 10:31 AM   #74 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

I agree. I think God loves beauty too, as well as children. I think God really loves children.

I've been obsessed with playing Joy to the World on the piano these last few weeks. The arrangement I'm playing has a bunch of really great build ups and then it sounds like bells with the pedal making the notes sustain. It feels good to make a bunch of noise and go all out. Why? Because I can. Doesn't the bible say that there are Seraphs that sing around His throne? The planets, and even the Earth, all give off frequencies. In the cosmic egg theory, the planets are the 7 levels of heaven, on the way to Gods throne.

Numbers are pure. Geometry and equations stand the test of time, and just like music, they are universal languages.

Merry Christmas Aleric! Hope you have a lovely holiday.

And Merry Christmas to whoever else is reading this!

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #75 (permalink)

Merry Christmas to you, Wholesome, and Aleric, and any other reader! I love this conversation and will contribute after Christmas.
Tatsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatsy For This Useful Post:
AlericB (12-24-2019), Wholesome (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #76 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

Hey Tatsy! Merry Christmas buddy! Sending lots of cyber love to you and you family. God bless you and keep you safe. I don't think I've ever said that to someone before, but it feels good xx

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Tatsy (12-24-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 12:49 PM   #77 (permalink)

Merry Christmas Wholesome and Tatsy and everyone at SR!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlericB For This Useful Post:
Tatsy (12-24-2019), Wholesome (12-25-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #78 (permalink)

Wholesome, I've never said it before, either, but God bless you, Wholesome, my buddy, and your family. And God bless you too, Aleric. It feels good to say that, don't quite know why.

So, I've decided to attend a Christmas Eve Midnight Mass, it feels right, it's at a Cathedral. I will pray for both of you, and everyone on SR. Which is crazy, because I was so anti-spirituality until recently.
Tatsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatsy For This Useful Post:
AlericB (12-24-2019), Wholesome (12-25-2019)
Old 12-25-2019, 04:40 AM   #79 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

Speaking of music and children and Christmas and God.... I'm getting so sentimental that this brought me to tears.

Hope you enjoyed the Christmas Mass Tatsy.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wholesome For This Useful Post:
AlericB (12-25-2019), Tatsy (12-25-2019)
Old 12-25-2019, 06:19 AM   #80 (permalink)

A beautiful song and a great performance. I loved the last verse:

I know You came to rescue me
This baby boy would grow to be
A man and one day die for me and you
My sins would drive the nails in You
That rugged cross was my cross, too
Still every breath You drew was Hallelujah
Hallelujah