Ho'oponopono - Page 3 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2019, 02:30 AM   #41 (permalink)

I was going to make a yoke about that but though better not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholesome View Post
Every single one of us is a child of God and beloved, we just need to remember who we are.
There's an odd phrase in the gospel of John that "to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God." That's quite paradoxical: power to become children is power to become powerless.

You could think that it isn't a paradox because, after all, shouldn't a child of a powerful God be powerful too? But in Christianity the meaning of the word ‘God’ is re-defined from this so that we only really see who God is when we look at Jesus who was born as a helpless baby like were and who died for us.

When you said you're coming into alignment with God I'm sure that sense is something that's common across all mainstream religions and all spiritual experiences. Do you feel something like this: that you are discovering something about God and also finding that something new is happening within you, that a new kind of life is taking hold on you? A life which is lighter than before and also, to go back to the power of becoming children again, a life where you find God is with you and you don't have to depend only on your own strength.

Quite personal questions probably but this is the Spiritual forum after all so I hope it's okay! I think we can learn a lot from other people's stories.
AlericB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlericB For This Useful Post:
Tatsy (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 04:17 AM   #42 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

I believe that something is happening to me. I believe that I'm having a kundalini awakening. It's a natural process and our God given right, and it generally happens around the midlife crises. I've read lots about it, all the major religions talk about it. The Hindu's call it kundalini, the Asian's call it Chi/Qi, , Christians call it the Holy Spirit. It has to do with the chakra systems and a spinal fluid called the Chrism and it can be raised to the brain and it activates the pineal gland. I believe that last winter when I got hurt and traumatized really bad again, I somehow managed to crack open my root chakra. It also timed up with an astrological event. It's been really really intense, like I can understand how a person could end up institutionalized, it was surrender or suffer, as the kundalini moved through my chakras.

It started with the Islamic Party of Ontario being formed in January. I decided to sit down and properly unpack Islam. I'm Canadian and we've had political correctness indoctrinated into us big time, so I trusted the government and was very surprised by what I learned and scared myself really bad and I can only describe it as feeling like I was jolted by electricity when the impact of innerstanding about the Holy War. It was so intense that people could feel it coming off me, and I haven't been the same since.

Then a few days later I found out I was pregnant at 40, and less than 24 hours later I found out I got my full time at work and was getting moved and I knew I didn't have the seniority to get off nights and I needed off nights if I was pregnant at 40. And I really loved everyone at work and was so bummed to have to leave and they all threw me a party and I went home and had a total nervous breakdown. Like nothing I've ever had before. My whole life of my messed up childhood, to my drug addiction and later terrible alcoholism, being abused by my husband, betrayed by my best friend, being a single mother, having such a young boyfriend and being so old to do it all again. I got so scared and I went berserk, like looney tunes. And then I had a miscarriage that knocked me right off my feet. I suffered so bad. I had no idea it could be that bad. But I was grateful because I didn't want to do it again. I asked for it and I got what I wanted and I paid the price.

But then the kundalini started except I didn't know what was happening to me. I was in a state of constant agitation. I felt like I went from a low hmmmmmmmmm to a constant EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I couldn't stop learning, I moved on from Islam because I thought if my government lies to me about this, what else are they lying about and why? Which led me to Luciferianism and the occult and the Babylonian Talmud and the Jesuits and secret societies. It felt like I was being led, and like I was being tuned like a receiver. I would sleep and wake up feeling like I'd been downloading information. The fear was terrible as the kundalini purified my adrenal system. My kidneys ached and I thought I was going crazy. I was barely functional at work and it was awful because I was being moved every month when I was so unstable in every other way. I started mediating and listening to frequencies for hours and doing yoga and QiGong and spending hours at the beach with the dog.

Finally I stopped going to work. Then I had that conversation with my ex under the sun, and it was so healing and then I went home and started crying. I learned that my birthday is the same day as the Archangel Uriel's feast day and he is responsible for prophecy and redemption, and I got into astrology and numerology and the tarot and kabbalah. After the kundalini finished purifying my heart chakra, it moved into my throat and I started confronting my past and living in the Truth.

Now I'm back at work and feeling much much better. I can feel my chakras are aligned and open. I still cry often, but I think it's good. I can feel my third eye and I can feel the kundalini move around my right eye all the time, like every day. I studied symbolism and I see the world with fresh eyes. I have dreams and intuitions that come true. I have waves of bliss that radiate out of my solar plexus. I think I made contact with my higher self and I think AVRT contributed to it because it can only happen if we have taken control of our lower chakras, which I did. The higher self drives the lower self, the lower chakras are hell where we burn with desires, and the higher chakras are heaven where we heave up the Chrism. If we have accomplished this then it's possible for the higher self/soul to drive our lower selves like the chariot. It's taught esoterically by all the major religions. Seek and you will find

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Wholesome is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wholesome For This Useful Post:
AlericB (12-07-2019), Tatsy (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 04:53 AM   #43 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

I think what happening to me is what's called being born again. Like when John the Baptist talks about being baptized with something other than water.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-07-2019), Tatsy (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 06:26 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholesome View Post
I think what happening to me is what's called being born again. Like when John the Baptist talks about being baptized with something other than water.
I would agree with that.

About your previous post, I'd like to say again how sorry I am to hear of your miscarriage and I hope you are back on your feet now or will be very soon.

I didn't know anything about Kundalini but what you said was very evocative, and I loved the loony tunes bit!, and I understand from that that it's an inner movement towards enlightenment.

One thing I've learned from my own experiences of God - the sort of experiences that Einstein called "the beautiful and mysterious" - is that science, while giving us much, cannot explain everything. We need religion too. They are complementary. As Martin Luther King said "Science keeps religion from sinking into the valley of crippling irrationalism and paralysing obscurantism. Religion prevents science from falling into the marsh of obsolete materialism and moral nihilism.”

Experiences of God may well have other purposes and this would be something that only the person themselves can say. My view is that our small and everyday experiences, like receiving a kind gesture when we need it, are as much life-enhancing experiences of God as the more visible and intense experiences we sometimes have. I believe that human kindness and forgiveness are transcendent experiences that point beyond this world and are reflections of God, however pale.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlericB For This Useful Post:
Tatsy (12-07-2019), Wholesome (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 06:49 AM   #45 (permalink)

Just read this thread, some great thoughts here. Wholesome as you know, I’m aware of your trials and tribulations and do hope you continue to experience more of the latter, and to speak your consequent truth. I wasn’t aware of the meeting with your ex, nor his souls lingering. It sounds truly cathartic and glad you were able to consign that dark time to history. You current boyfriend and his connection to your ex-best friend, sounds troubling, but I feel you’ll make the right decision, in time.

Aleric, I’ve never heard the Martin Luther King quote, makes sense to me. Never thought I’d utter that, I’ve always been so anti-spiritualism, but....but, as I try to make sense of this mad, mad world, how can there not be a reason, or rationale behind it, or maybe that’s just me seeking a scrap of comfort, where there is none.

I do know that the small joyous moments I experience aren’t materialistic. Seeing rainbows glinting off raindrops adorning trees, watching a bird tend its fledgling, hugging an oak tree, smiling contentedly when my cats sleep and dream, attending a midnight Christmas service and feeling close to tears (despite not being religious) .....so where do those apparently innate deep feelings come from, if not from a spiritual soul.

Conversely, I used to feel similar feelings many years ago, before I became ‘so called addicted’ sipping from a glass before a roaring fire, the anticipation.....
Tatsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatsy For This Useful Post:
AlericB (12-10-2019), Wholesome (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 07:16 AM   #46 (permalink)

Meant to add regarding the OP Hoíoponopono. I came across it in a stop drinking book, where it was cited in a different order:

I am sorry
Please forgive me
Thank you
I love you

Think I might start reciting it again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tatsy For This Useful Post:
AlericB (12-10-2019), Wholesome (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #47 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

Something cool that I learned is that not everyone who's has a kundalini awakening reaches enlightenment, but everyone who's reached enlightenment had a kundalini awakening. I read a book about kundanlini and astrology and it said it's brought on by the Uranus return, which mine doesn't start to square off until Apr 2021, but there was a mini squaring last Jan when all this started. And Uranus squares my Sun in my natal chart. I think this is just getting started and that I might be in for a bumpy ride. Uranus is the Big Daddy of the solar system and considered the awakener!

A lot of people are having awakenings right now. We are coming into a galactic alignment where there's going to be some major eclipses and conjunctions. Like a clock striking. It's a crazy time to be alive.

I think I may be getting ready to stand on my own again here and I'm scared. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing and if I should hold on or let go? Actually, in my heart of hearts I do know, I'm just scared and I don't want to hurt again.

Hey Tatsy! I was like you and never really understood what all the fuss was about. I felt totally disconnected. But it's like you said, it's all around us and inside of us, our consciousness is connected to source all the time. I heard it described as a circle with no circumference and the center is everywhere.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-10-2019), Tatsy (12-07-2019)
Old 12-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #48 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Meant to add regarding the OP Hoíoponopono. I came across it in a stop drinking book, where it was cited in a different order:

I am sorry
Please forgive me
Thank you
I love you

Think I might start reciting it again!
It's a beautiful prayer to send out to the universe. I'm collecting little pearls of wisdom that I pick up, so here's another one! If reincarnation is real, then you are your own ancestor, so any healing you do in this lifetime carries forward, and maybe even backwards.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-10-2019), Tatsy (12-07-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 11:55 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Never thought Iíd utter that, Iíve always been so anti-spiritualism, but....but, as I try to make sense of this mad, mad world, how can there not be a reason, or rationale behind it, or maybe thatís just me seeking a scrap of comfort, where there is none.
Good question Tatsy. Einstein said the same thing when he said that the most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible.

Science has to assume that the world is comprehensible and that there is an explanation for everything. If anything exists for which there is no explanation then science would virtually break down. Rabbits appearing out of nowhere for example for no reason and ruining any carefully controlled experiment would effectively put an end to science.

Religion also assumes this and says that everything has some explanation, cause or reason for it's existence. So they are united in this. Newton said that his search for simple laws of nature was inspired by the belief that a wise creator would have designed the universe to run on such simple and elegant laws.

So belief in the intelligibility of nature suggests, or at least supports, the idea of a God who made the world in accordance with rational principles. Science would probably never even have got started if we all believed that everything was a series of random events or the result of lots of Norse gods battling things out.

Belief in the intelligibility of nature, that you can work things out if you go on the basis of reason and try to find a rational explanation for every event is what science does and of course it is very successful. So the idea of a rational and wise God is very strongly supported by the success of science.
Tatsy (12-14-2019), Wholesome (12-12-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 12:17 AM   #50 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

I read a book called The Secret of Light by Walter Russel where he gives a different model of the universe and says it's electric/magnetic. He has some incredible ideas, his book changed my thinking.

I'm about to butcher this concept, but the way he described Light cracked my mind open in the best way! He says that since Light travels at the speed of light, it can basically time travel, or at least the laws of time don't apply to Light the same way we experience them.

Reading him, and a few others, led me to believe that our Sun is the Sun of God and it's psychic and sentient. I've also heard before that our moon is what we reincarnate through, souls enter through the moon, and if we are done reincarnating and we're going to make it into heaven, we go through the Sun. The Sun is a window into Heaven. I think we have to be prepared to burn off all the last of our sin through the Sun, since no sin is allowed to enter Heaven.

I'm getting so weird that I don't think we are on a spinning water ball anymore. I think the spinning water Baal theory is another part of the Beast system meant to separate us from God. Which way is Heaven or Hell when we don't even know which way we are spinning?

My mind has been cracked wide open and I'm breaking ALL my programming! I don't know if I'm right, but I'm not giving up until I figure it out!

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-12-2019), Tatsy (12-14-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 02:37 AM   #51 (permalink)

I'm not a physicist but I do have a degree in Maths. and Physics - I say that just so you don't think I've copied something from Wikipedia!

It's true that we don't experience time the way light does. If you're in the mood for a bit of physics, the reason is that everything in the universe, including us and light, travels at the speed of light through spacetime [citation needed]*. Spacetime includes time as well as space and this is not the same as saying that everything travels at the speed of light through space. To see the difference, imagine you're driving a car northwards at 50mph. This means that all your motion is in the north direction. But now imagine that you take a turn and start driving north-east. You're still traveling at 50mph but now you won't be travelling as fast in the northward direction as you were before because now some of your speed is shared with east direction.

It's the same with travelling through spacetime. Speed through spacetime is the combined speed through the three spatial dimensions and the one time dimension. We may have different speeds through the space dimensions and the time dimension, just as we may have different sppeds in the north and east direction, but our combined speed through spacetime will always be the same, i.e. the speed of light.

If you increase your speed in space, then your speed through time will slow down (keeping the combined speeds constant). Motion through space affects motion through time.

The speed of light is constant and is the fastest speed that anything can travel at through space. So light does not move through time at all. Just as if if you were only travelling northwards you wouldn't be travelling eastwards or westwards at all. Everything else, including us, travels slower than light through space which means that we are always travelling through time (at various speeds - the fater we travel trhough space, the slower we travel through time.)

This is all part of Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity which he wrote in 1905. One of it's meanings is that a light photon now is the same age as it was even if it was created at the origin of the universe. Quite a beautiful thought somehow.

* joke
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlericB For This Useful Post:
Ann (12-20-2019), Tatsy (12-14-2019), Wholesome (12-13-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #52 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

You explained it so much better! That's exactly what blew my mind, that Light can be everywhere at once, in an eternal NOW. Walter Russel combines science with spirituality and says that Light is intelligent, and everywhere, all the time. I read several books talking about how the Sun is everything, and it's true, literally nothing would exist here without it. It's why Jesus says if we want to know the Father we must go through Him because He is the Sun of God.

Honestly, I've learned so much this year that sometimes I feel like my head is spinning! More and more I'm thinking that what people believe matters, and Einstein was a sexual deviant who left his wife and married his first cousin and he gave us relativism. I think the devil can be a real joker! I honestly don't know what to believe anymore though, I'm aware of how weird I sound. I accepted my education and messages from society at face value, I never asked very many questions, but now that I've started digging around, it keeps getting stranger and stranger. I'm so hooked on it too! I still have such an addictive personality and I can be so obsessive, I just can't stop learning.

Have you heard about that experiment with the monkeys in a cage and if one goes after the food in a certain corner they all get sprayed with the hose, until they start policing each other to stop going in that corner. Then they start replacing monkeys, until none of the monkeys have ever been sprayed with the hose, but the will attack each other if any of them try to go in that corner, even though none of them know why. I think we are like that with all kinds of programming, we believe all kinds of things just because we are told to, without ever questioning why.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-13-2019), Tatsy (12-14-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 03:43 AM   #53 (permalink)

As you say, the light photon is in an eternal now. If we were to watch light coming from the Sun it would appear to us to take about eight minutes to reach the Earth. But if there was a "clock" on board the photon this would appear to be entirely stopped to us. The eight or so minutes would pass as normal to us but the photon would experience no passing of time. It also won't experience distance. The distance along its direction of travel will be contracted to a single point and its journey will appear to be instantaneous. It never ages in any way at all.

Is there an eternal now for us? I love the writings of Jon Kabat-Zinn on mindfulness and he says that most of us don't undertake our thoughts in awareness but, rather, our thoughts control us. He says "Ordinary thoughts course through our mind like a deafening waterfall" and that for us to feel more in control of our minds and our lives, to find the sense of balance that eludes us, we need to step out of this current, to pause, and to "rest in stillness—to stop doing and focus on just being".

I hadn't heard of the monkey cage experiment before. Perhaps it's the mon-key to life.
Tatsy (12-14-2019), Wholesome (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 08:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

Wow that's another really great description of Light! It just fills me with awe when I think about it. I don't see how anyone can understand Light and come away not believing in an intelligent creator. Without our Sun, literally none of this would exist, then add in that our Sun is intelligent. I find the idea so exciting!

I heard the whole point of meditation is to detach from the "monkey" mind that never stops chattering. I try to meditate everyday, but my mind still chatters on....

I wonder what enlightenment is like? Is it living in total truth, with no illusions? Or to have no attachments like the Buddhists say? Once you get enlightened, then what? The truth can be brutal and cause all kinds of suffering and attachments. And how can you have no attachments? What about love?

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
AlericB (12-13-2019), Tatsy (12-14-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #55 (permalink)

There are lots of different ideas from different religions and philosophies on meaning and.purpose in life. The Christian idea is basically that God creates the world for a purpose and we have a part to play in realising that purpose. We each have our particular gifts and abilities that can help to realise Godís purpose of bringing goodness and happiness into the world. What gives meaning to life is seeing how what we do can contribute to Godís wider purpose.

Buddhism does not see a moral purpose in the world in this way. Instead, as you say, it's about overcoming suffering and attachments to find enlightenment. This is a sort of purpose, and it requires moral effort but the goal is to pass beyond finite things to attain a state of wisdom and bliss and compassion (Nirvana). That journey is what gives life meaning.
Tatsy (12-14-2019), Wholesome (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #56 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

I've been learning about all of them, and I'm picking up bits here and there from all of them that have the ring of truth to them. Plus I'm looking for similarities because I think that is where the truth lays. I'm after the Truth. The bible seems like the most Holy of them all. It's an incredible book. My family are Protestants, and I like how the word protest is there. I think Martin Luther was base and understood what's going on and might have even been enlightened. Plus the Protestant church is the only church I would defend, so I guess that makes me one of them.

I think the secrets are spread between them all. Symbology and etymology are fascinating. A lot of things are hidden in plain sight, we just need the eyes to see them, and the ears to hear them. What people believe really matters, especially our rulers. It doesn't matter whether we believe it or not, THEY believe in it, and they are making decisions that impact all of us, and they are into some unbelievable stuff.

Hooray for England's election! Way to show those Globaalist scum the door!

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
The Following User Says Thank You to Wholesome For This Useful Post:
Tatsy (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 10:11 AM   #57 (permalink)

Wholesome, the election result was a blessed and unexpected relief, for sure. Sensibility prevailed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tatsy For This Useful Post:
Wholesome (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 10:13 AM   #58 (permalink)

On a different note, I swear my dogs are akin to ageless photons, in their minds...no past, no tomorrow, always the present. Sorry to downgrade this great discussion...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tatsy For This Useful Post:
Wholesome (12-14-2019)
Old 12-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
Be of sober mind

Hey Tatsy! I wish we had been able to oust our globaalist rulers when we had the chance in Oct, but many Canadians are still asleep.

There's another Buddhist concept that I like. It's about discovering who you were before the identity our parents give us. I believe in reincarnation. Here's another word in plain sight, placenta - the place that you enta. For some reason that cracks me up! And I like the idea that we are all born out of darkness, just like every seed. Our souls are supposed to unfold, just the way that an acorn knows how to become the mighty oak.

I have a great dog. She's my total buddy, we have such a connection. It's a fact that all dogs go to heaven, they are holy. They are part of the good, the true, and the beautiful, for sure!

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Old 12-21-2019, 02:22 AM   #60 (permalink)

Wholesome, it's interesting how your spirituality takes elements from many religious traditions.

When you first look at it seems all this diversity is evidence that no one of these religions is true. But perhaps a good way to look at it is that if there is a God who has revealed anything, it's not been done clearly and in a way that has left us in no doubt. Christians have different views on the virgin birth for example, and Buddhists don't believe in God at all.

But I think this is what you would expect though. All religious beliefs are rooted in specific experiences such as Buddha’s enlightenment under the Bo tree or the coming of Jesus as the Messiah and also your own personal experiences, and all experience has to be interpreted.

Each interpretation of spiritual experience needs to have some element of ‘givenness’ from, let's just use the word God, but meaning whatever the ultimate reality is. And also a subjective element of ‘reception’, which tries to understand what is given in terms that are reasonably familiar from your cultural and personal background.

A common thing seems to be that religious beliefs and spiritual experiences are coming from or mediating a trancendent reality that is of supreme value and which is mind.like in some respect. This is obviously true for Christianity but it's true also in Buddhism which, although it does not believe in a God, has the idea of Nivarna which has the mind-like qualities of wisdom, bliss and compassion. These experiences also seem to demand a response to the ideals they seem to set for us to live by.

So spirituality does seem to demand having a specific practice or discipline such as meditation or prayer that helps us instil specific values into our lives. And these values feel objective in some way, not just subjective. So, to conclude this rather long post, being spiritual is to follow a practice which takes specific values and ideals as central to your understanding of life and as goals which it is objectively good to pursue.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlericB For This Useful Post:
Wholesome (12-22-2019)