Earth Prayers, Part 5 - Page 26 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2019, 03:30 AM   #501 (permalink)

What a beautiful image, least! I love to walk after a rain for that same reason, and I think the raindrops hanging from the bare, red canes of the raspberry vines are especially pretty.
Ann (10-12-2019), Hevyn (10-12-2019), Opivotal (10-12-2019), venuscat (10-12-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 04:10 AM   #502 (permalink)

October 12, 2019

Everywhere the transformation will look different, just as spring comes to each spot with subtly different signs and vestiges. In city and suburb, in poor nation and rich nation, in tropic and farm belt and pole, environmental hope will appear in various disguises. Some places it will come as a sleek new bus or a bike path; in others as a cleaned-up slum, a repaired school, a cry of joy at the birth of a baby girl. Here in the Appalachians, on some not-too-distant day, I will wake up and drink a glass of fresh milk from a neighbor's small dairy; that night I will hear a pack of wolves howling from Buck Hill. And it will raise the hair on my arms, and it will fill me up with hope. Hope that the greenhouse effect might someday abate. Hope that this society might be starting the climb down from overdevelopment. Not hope that everything will be fine--everything isn't going to be fine. But hope that the sky is brightening a little in the East.

~ Bill McKibben

This quote is from a book by the above author titled "Hope, Human and Wild: True Stories of Living Lightly on the Earth", in case anyone would like to read more.
Ann (10-12-2019), Hevyn (10-12-2019), Opivotal (10-12-2019), venuscat (10-12-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 05:45 AM   #503 (permalink)
Administrator

we continue here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-6-a.html (Earth Prayers, Part 6)

D
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Ann (10-12-2019), Hevyn (10-12-2019), honeypig (10-12-2019), Opivotal (10-12-2019), venuscat (10-12-2019)
Closed Thread