Notices

Class of October 2020 Part 2

Old 02-05-2021, 03:22 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said in the other thread Devizes - be proud of what you've done with your recovery so far, dust yourself down and start again with a revised new and better plan

D
Old 02-05-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Coz

Oh Devizes. I so feel for you. Having done the same thing twice last year, I think I can imagine a bit of how you feel.

So focusing on the positives. You know now that you can be a 'normal eater' - major plus! You are jumping straight back on to your bus rather than stopping in a place that ain't so great - second major plus. You are such a wonderful person and so supportive of others, so you deserve the best and you are in control of that.

Big hugs, lots of smiles and cyber support is always here. You were trying to say you were close to stumbling and I wasn't there or supportive enough at the time. So next time you are feeling like that - shout out and wait for me (or Dee, or Suze or anyone here that can hold your hand until the tough moment passes).

Glad you are back...
Old 02-07-2021, 04:54 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Thank you so so much, Venus, Dee and Coz. You are amazing!

I have indeed dusted myself off and I am halfway through day 2. One bulimic episode in nearly four months is brilliant for me (though obviously not to be repeated) and I'm proud of that and I'm good to resume my fight.

God bless you for being here ❤❤❤
Old 02-07-2021, 05:38 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

s ❤️
Old 02-19-2021, 03:12 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well, times are tough with Covid seeming the topic of everything I look at.
Firstly Devises I'm sorry you slipped but as hard as it seems, all that time you had amassed is not lost and hopefully you can pick up where you left off and start a new run, aim to make it more than the last. Milestones are not a trigger for me, I love them but they are essentially they are just another day. I have mostly stopped counting now, the best milestones are those which you celebrate retrospectively! That way you dont have that trigger or a build up to a milestone to trigger you, if that makes sense.
I am still sober and pushing through. Not drinking doesnt really bother me much anymore, I do sometimes find myself thinking about how I used to go to the pub or whatever but the thoughts of my last stop, how hard, painful and how sick I was just kills those thoughts immediately. In fact just the thought of how I used to behave, sneaking around hiding booze and generally being drunk most of the time fills me with horror.
The thing which is causing me the greatest amount of angst is the never ending lockdown with the moving goalposts for when it will end or start to end. I am over it. I am very grateful that I am not drinking now. That would just be the worst thing I could be doing.
Anyway I as I said, grateful to be sober and pushing through the daily grind towards warmer and better, freer days. Enough grumbling.
Hope everyone is doing well and keep up the good work!!
Old 02-20-2021, 07:00 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Phil. You're doing brilliantly! I'm so happy for you.

I'm still struggling here to regain my momentum. I'm back on day 2 again but I have a plan in place and I am following it. I will never give up this fight!

Hopefully, by the time you celebrate your year's sobriety, I'll have at least six months and will be back biting at your heels again
Old 02-20-2021, 12:38 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Phil...you too Devizes...day 2 is like 100% better than Day 1

D
Old 02-20-2021, 12:50 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats Phil...you too Devizes...day 2 is like 100% better than Day 1

D
Thank you, Dee!
Old 02-23-2021, 03:05 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Coz

So great to hear you are doing well Phil. Stay vigilant and don't let ever let your AV tell you that it's OK to have a couple for any reason!

Devizes - you are one amazing person and I have every confidence that you can get back on track this time. Love Dee's concept that day 2 is like 100% better than Day 1, and day 3 in my calculation must be 200% better than day 1. Thoughts and virtual strength coming your way. Just remember how good you were feeling before your slip. It is so easy to procrastinate about being serious on quitting after relapses. But as they say, the best time to plant a tree was many years ago, the second best time is now.

All is busy and sober in my world. I'm not finding it difficult any more. I had occasion last weekend to be with a lady who is doing it really tough at the moment and really wanted a drinking and talking mate. She drank a lot, and I resisted the multiple encouragements (I didn't even remotely want a drink). As the afternoon went on, it became clear to me that being drunk is most unattractive.

Take care everyone...
Old 02-27-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Hello lovely Coz

I'm still struggling a little to get back in my stride but I'm just closing up day 3 now which is the best I've done since I slipped. Starting to feel some confidence now!

You're going great and it's brilliant that you're not tempted. When I first got sober, I was amazed at the way people's faces changed when they'd had a few. Why did I never notice that before?? Then I thought about my own face changing and I knew I'd never drink again! It's not exactly a masterpiece alcohol-free.....