Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 89

Old 12-18-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Sonny Boy is trying new foods. I had one picky eater out of my four, and it was hard finding stuff she would eat willingly.

Grateful that Astro gets to take a little trip with his beloved.

Grateful beyond words to get my pkg today, after a week of waiting. Billie's two new baby blankies to replace her old raggedy blankie. She loved them both and now, can lie on one and be covered with the other. I am so tickled that she likes them and is enjoying them like she did with her old blankie. The old blankie belonged to one of my girls as a baby, then I gave it to our beagirl Riley to cover her when she was cold. It had been folded on a shelf in the den til one day Billie noticed it and indicated she was interested in it. I spread it out on the floor and she started pawing at it and then laid down on it. It's been over 5 yrs since she found Riley's blankie and it's had a lot of pawing.

Grateful for the little things in life that give me joy.

Old 12-19-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm sure Billie loves those blankets least!

Fearless, your outdoor excursions sound wonderful, I'm looking forward to a little desert trip today.

Grateful that I wrapped up my Christmas shopping yesterday and got all my gifts done.
Grateful that I'm not working today, I have a long shift at the stadium tomorrow.
Grateful for sober mornings at my laptop. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy my morning coffee?
Old 12-19-2020, 10:44 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for my sobriety. It means that if I spend a Saturday lazing on the couch it's my choice, not because of a hangover!
I'm so so grateful that my former hospice colleagues got vaccinated this week - they have to go into patients' homes - hospice just doesn't work remotely! I'm grateful for all of the scientists who made the vaccine and the front line workers who are transporting it all over the country in the midst of a Christmas rush.
Grateful to video chat with my nephew this morning and that he's learning to say my name.
Have a beautiful Saturday my friends in the computer!
Old 12-19-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Here she is, lying on one and covered with the other. I am so grateful I am sober to take good care of her.

Old 12-19-2020, 06:29 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Sweet girl Billie!!!
Old 12-19-2020, 06:45 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

Autumn, I hadn't heard about hospice workers being at the front of the line for covid. I'm so relieved to hear this. I have thought that if my Dad got covid, I would just keep him home as I would rather he die here with me than in a hospital. I have vaguely wondered what hospice does in such a situation . . . . irk . . . I'm sorry this is a bit morbid but caring for an 85 year old during this pandemic makes me think this way. I assure you all that plan A is to stay isolated enough that he doesn't catch the virus!

I'm grateful for how good dinner tasted tonight.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:12 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

AutumnTree, I hear you on the Sat mornings.
I’m glad the hospice workers are first in line for vaccination. Bekind, my dad was on hospice and the whole team, whether it was the nurse, social worker or chaplain, all visited regularly at the memory care place and were in full protective gear, which as we know isn’t always full proof. I think some assisted living places might be more restrictive, maybe even with hospice. The first place my dad had been at was like that. It was awful. He was so alone.
The hospice staff were so caring. But I knew in my Dads state of mind, the masks and face shields frightened or confused him. Once he didn’t recognize his nurse and he asked her “are you part of the resistance?” The nurse and I got a good laugh about that one. It’s wonderful you are there caring for your dad.
Least, Billie melts my heart. So glad she likes her blankies.
Grateful for the silliness of my cogs. They love their blankets too. Daisy sometimes sleeps on Mr F’s chest. Lol
Grateful to watch the Croods tonight with the boys
Grateful for a fun time and catching up with a friend
Grateful for our family in the computer
Old 12-19-2020, 10:49 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Fearless's lovely cogs.

Grateful that Billie adapts to my odd schedule of staying up late and then sleeping late. She doesn't care, just as long as she's with me.

Old 12-20-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful to take a short road trip to visit some friends who moved to AZ.
Grateful to work alongside a great furniture moving crew, they were a friendly bunch.
Grateful to repair a sofa and hang a TV for our friends.
Grateful we all got to enjoy a delicious cowboy steak dinner afterwards.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Astro you sure stay busy, don't you?!? How wonderful! I love friends that are handy!
Fearless that made me laugh... The truth is I sometimes feel like part of the resistance lol. And BKA, I'd keep my dad home if that happened too. Hospice will come to you!
Grateful to get some little spike/spring things for my shoes to allow me to run in the snow and ice. Grateful to have delicious italian food from a local spot today. Grateful to have two interviews with the VA this week... Really hoping to get an offer. Grateful for all of you! Thinking of you, Aly!
Old 12-20-2020, 07:22 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

I managed to work today on an important project that I have put off for two years. I get so energized when I jump in and do something rather than avoid it. Today a phone call and then a zoom meeting with my siblings made the afternoon fly. I was so jazzed up about the project. I'm also working on the idea that this effort might not produce what I want and that doesn't matter; just making the effort is enough . . . . "do the foot work and leave the rest to God" . . . . .for all of this I am grateful.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:19 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Astro, glad you are enjoying road trips and time with friends
AutumnTree, I will be thinking of you as you interview this week. Sending good vibes that you get an offer. The VA is a good place to work, I hear
Bekind, it’s nice you could work on a project. Plus a zoom meeting with your siblings
Grateful to see a close friend today. We went for a long bike ride then had lunch downtown. We thought it was ok that we sat outside socially distanced on a park bench to eat our lunch. But no, we were told to leave. Grateful we didn’t get a ticket! Grateful we were about finished eating our lunch when this happened. Grateful things won’t be as quite as restrictive next week when I go to TX. Crazy how different things are all around the world
Grateful to share tears and laughter over all the losses and events of this year. I am also glad I could be there for my friend when she had to put her beloved dog to sleep. The dog was 18 years old and she knew this was coming. Just didn’t think it would be today. You can never be prepared for loss no matter how much you think you are prepared.
Grateful for friendship, honest people, and kindness ❤️
Old 12-21-2020, 01:13 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time -please join us here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-90-a.html (Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 90)

D