Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 492

Old 07-14-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I love reading your posts James, you’re not rambling at all. I think we all want that close connection with another person, and sometimes it takes a long time to find it. Some of us maybe don’t find it with another person, but I think we need to somehow find it within ourselves first.

I’m still searching, I think I’ve been searching all my life. I used alcohol for a lot of years to fill that emptiness inside, but I know now that alcohol just makes the emptiness bleaker. So now I need to look within to find some peace and connection.

I think that when we’re more at peace within ourselves, we attract more good things and people into our lives. Someone explained it to me as our vibrational energy gets higher, we attract other people of similar higher vibrational energy. I don’t fully understand it myself, and now I’m probably rambling lol. But I do believe that the longer we stay sober and work on improving ourselves, the better things get for us and the more likely we are to meet like minded people that we connect with

And I’m here for another 24 hours of sobriety please.

And thanks Suze ❤️ xxx
Old 07-14-2020, 03:44 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Willow, what a lovely post!xx I’m working on being that person that I want in my life. And communicate with people, open things up while I’m stuck at home. It is possible and I smile when I think of all the things I will do. Out running around by myself, and with others. These lovely, sober, funny people that get me. People who will take hikes with me and hang out at the coffee shop with the couches with local musicians playing, and local art on the walls. Traveling, cooking, paddling a canoe. Learning to paint. Making odd movies. I’m really lonely but I’m under construction! Soon come.

James, I hear you. I’m right where I need to be with the things I have. I want what I have and I have a lot to give others. My next partner will be a great guy. But today it’s just me, appreciating what I have and praying for forgiveness from my selfishness and the thoughtless things I did. I was neglectful. I never attacked, I withdrew. I’m haunted by it. I think all you can do is pray and get better. Your kids have a sober Dad now and it will take time. I’m thinking of you and your family. That healing will occur. You’re on the right path, my friend. I really appreciate your posts...they keep me grounded.

***if anyone wants a chat buddy or sober friend to speak with, I’m here and would like to hear from you.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:20 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NoGoingBack View Post
Hi good folks,
Sending peace and love, and humbly asking for another 24 hours of sobriety if I may.

Just be kind, that’s enough.
James
Thank you James....you posted many of my thoughts I have had today....we aren't alone!
Old 07-14-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thank you all today for helping me live clean and sober
esp. James, Willow, Kaneda, Icedvovo, kenton
Thank you always venus for the list
abcowboy for the sayings and photos
will be seeing you tomorrow
Old 07-14-2020, 06:39 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Had another productive day working on exterior home maintenance. The perfect weather really helped out since its not too hot and not too cool.
Checking in for 24.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:24 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

24 more for me too please!

7:24 PM in Olga.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:27 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

Called my aunt & thanked for family tree she sent me last wk! Said Mum who I didn’t know was the first born of ten children, was a jovial & very giving lady!!😪
I’m here
Old 07-14-2020, 08:49 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Well done Charlie ( Kenton’s son) the Bad Restaurant LEGO creation .... I hope I never have eaten in a place with a kitchen that looked like that .... LOL!! I was number 99.

I’m in for my next 24 .....

Bobbi
Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Oops. Forgot to check in the past few days.
I'm still happily sober and almost half way to 90 days.
24 more please.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:15 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Magsie

24 more please

05.15 am Wednesday 15 July

love and peace to all. xx
Old 07-14-2020, 11:11 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Another one please
I also looked at Charlie’s LEGO, think I’m number 103 😀
Old 07-14-2020, 11:49 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-493-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 493)