Made it through day 5 and had a victory as well

Old 07-03-2020, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it through day 5 and had a victory as well

Spoiler

Old 07-03-2020, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cute pop-up even if you didn't mean it.

Wow, great victory. On Day 5... that is a great, great victory.

Store that away so you can remind yourself you know how to say no!

Old 07-03-2020, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I;m glad you made it through rsanchez. It's ok to make it easy on yourself tho and not accept all, or any, social or work invites for a while if you know drinking is going to be happening there.

I missed a few get togethers and a few parties while I was growing my 'sober muscles' but I got to keep my recovery, I still think that's a good trade.

D
Old 07-04-2020, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Theses cravings are like waves. It can feel like it's going to keep going up and up forever but it's not. Especially early on it's like there is a hurricane out in the sea. The waves can be frightening until you're use to them. The storm moves on, the waves get calmer and you get use to riding then and feeling and understanding how they work . Getting caught in the pull of those waves is part of the AVs great illusion that you need to drink, that its normal, that its acceptable.

You might want to get your hands on every video and all literature you can find on step 1. I think it's the most important step and base for the rest of the rest of the steps. I try and take the kill a flea with a sledgehammer approach.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice going ! Keep up the hard work , I started to feel a tiny bit better on day 5 👍🏻
Old 07-05-2020, 12:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good that you resisted the challenge. That alcoholic voice is very tricky and slips can lead to dark and dismal places.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you Rsanchez. A demonstration of strength. You can do this. I would perhaps minimize those occasions as it is a very common scenario for slipping when someone else buys the booze and offers it to you on the spot. I'm glad you have 5 days under your belt now. That's when you start to feel human again.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

As an addict for the rest of my life I am always on the lookout.

I still cant stop myself from getting long winded on why I don't drink.

Yesterday, I saw some folks soooooo drunk, stoned, and whatever else folks do to get loaded or high.

I did not envy them at all. They looked dazed, tired, and were making bad decisions (e.g. too close to the fireworks, being overly talkative with strangers in a tough neighborhood).

My wonderful, loving, kind, supportive friend had 3 beers all day, that I know of.

Me and him used to drink sooooo hard. In my drinking days we would have easily drank a bottle of tequila by 5 pm.

He managed his drinking over the years better than me. That management has unfortunately allowed him to continue to drink well past his 60's. The addiction is fierce. Drinking will contribute to his end game poor health. I can't save him, he has to want it. Again, addiction is fierce.

I woke up this morning from a deep deep restful sleep. It took a few minutes for my head to clear from the natural melatonin my body had produced.

IT WAS AWESOME.

I thank God for SR everyday. This place gave me the knowledge and support I needed. When I was weak, this place carried me. When I feel weak in the future, it will do that again.

Stay clean. Booze is poison.

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

how is it going rsanchez?

D