Notices

Is it me?

Old 04-05-2020, 12:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hmmm. Well I for one feel that I can always express my viewpoint and I have at times broken the rules and been told so. Oops my bad. I try to do better. I apologize. No biggy.

I have also been a member of 1 other recovery forum. That I loved and boy did I learn a lot. But it was not for sissies. And I, many times, acted like a complete AZZ. I was so new to online communication and decorum. I also took everything sooooo personally. That insane forum helped me learn not to do that...as much. Now while I loved its wild west approach, fast and loose, it definitely hurt people. And that isn't ok. I think SR does a fabulous job at walking a very difficult line...allowing open expression while protecting a very vulnerable group of people. Making it a place where all can get support, in a variety of ways.

So I simply couldn't disagree more. This is a great place and I'm blown away by the mods...their patience and constant supportive role. They don't just jump in when someone gets outta line, they actively support here, day in day out. That's amazing.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow I didn't see this thread going sideways. I guess I was just concerned about the still suffering alcoholics out there, at a time of crisis; I wouldn't be bashing the forum that helped get me sober. I think I've been on here every day of my sobriety, and try and help and connect where I can. I have much respect for the mods and admin for the work they do here.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Tetrax

to get back to the original point, new registrations are rising again...I think maybe the world was shocked there for a bit.

D
Old 04-06-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I also cannot thank all the mods enough and the great job they do, but I gotta say that I think that this time the OP was really misread and I dont quite see how as the point was clear -- no blame just a question and turns out they were right as Dee pointed out in reply-- activity was slow. Now I agree that the latter post was out of line, but I do think all of us need to read twice and type once sometimes and this is a good example.

And I think there is truth in all the reasons including my favourite:

Most likely they are stuck in zoom land with the virtual marathon meetings

After all day stuck in one meeting after another as many of us are, I can see not being able to face more screen time!
Old 04-24-2020, 02:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Re: Is it me?

im new and just recently joined as I didn’t think alcohol was impacting my life until the social aspects were gone. then I realized how real the impending doom, anxiety and only what I’d deem hallucinations occur. scared the snot out of me. its been a week and I’m struggling with insomnia, terribly so. hi guys!.....<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div>

Last edited by Dee74; 04-24-2020 at 03:08 AM. Reason: .
Old 04-24-2020, 03:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi JudahsLion

as you can see the site is having some issues right now but they will be temporary - it's great you've joined us - welcome

Old 04-24-2020, 09:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

welcome JudahsLion and hope you stick around