Notices

My First Day Sober!

Old 03-01-2020, 02:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Cox!

Thank you so much! Coming up on 67.5 hours now - I didnt keep track as much last time but I'm sorta just going with the flow lol.

That is completely understandable! I know it's different for everyone and I'm so grateful to not be having it as rough this time around - The chest pains were pretty much non existent today so I gave myself an easy workout for half an hour and it really helped! Seeing my gp again tomorrow anyway so will definitely be discussing things further 🙂

I'm loving being here! It's really helping knowing that I can get advice when needed, reach out if needed and maybe also be there to give advice and offer support during other peoples struggles and difficult times!
I really like to get to know people and communicate but as wee all know here it's so easy to self isolate so I'm being as proactive as possible to change the way I did things last time!

I hope you're having a great day, Cox 😊
Old 03-01-2020, 02:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Abraham!

Thank you so much 🙂

Congratulations on 9 months in! I'm so glad you feel better and that you were able to get to this point! Oh, it would absolutely get worse, I already have multiple health issues regarding it but I'm slowly turning that around now and I'm hoping that things continue to improve 🤞
Old 03-01-2020, 02:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi, K!

Thank you for having me!

I absolutely agree, I'm so grateful to have found SR and everyone in it! I didnt reach out the first time I relapsed so it's nice to not feel so alone in these situations 😊
Ooh thank you for the recommendation, will definitely have to have a wee look!
Old 03-01-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Welcome Steph. I would suggest you talk about home detox with your GP. Seizures do happen- they did to me. My support to you.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
Hi Steph

I've been here about 18 months on and off. Sober about 5 1/2 years.

FWIW ... Its a very encouraging sign to see you replying back to each person.

Not many do and I think it shows how committed you are to break the cycle.

Keep up the good work 😎

Ah well done! 5 and a half years is amazing!

Haha I'm trying my best but I'm still working my way around and hoping I dont miss people out lol...

I'm definitely comitted though and feeling even better thanks to all you guys at SR! I actually attended my first online SMART meeting today too and honestly it werent too bad at all! I got stuck in and involved with the group so it was nice 🙂
Old 03-01-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Welcome Steph. I would suggest you talk about home detox with your GP. Seizures do happen- they did to me. My support to you.

Hi, Phoenix 😊

Thank you for your welcoming and comment. I see my GP tomorrow to discuss things further but when I got home on thursday I just knew It couldnt wait. I was in a desperate state tbh and I may not have been thinking rationally but I'm almost 72 hours in now and I've been taking vitamins and electrolytes etc as well as having a plan in place with family should anything at all start to go wrong but my withdrawals have been more than manageable (again I know that can change very quickly) and my appetite, blood pressure and overall wellbeing have been settled. I could think of the what ifs and they still could happen but I'm just grateful to feel the way I do right now and to have such good support around me whether that's in person or on forums and online meetings 🙂