Notices

I come in peace.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
I got goosebumps reading this, I'm early days but I have hope and determination. Thank you for posting
22 days
11 hrs
55 mins
And counting 🙏💖
Wow Doris. 22 days is awesome. That’s no small accomplishment by any means. My thoughts go out to you for taking that step. Any of us that quit were at 22 days. At least one time. LOL. Unfortunately I went through day 22 on 3 separate occasions before this one stuck.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
Sounds like The Fallen Man found his way back up. Thanks for the message. I'm truly thankful for this page and all those on it. I was told 6 months ago I'd be gone in 4-5 years, and I'm only 31. Hoping my life changes have changed that path.
Bless you brother. My oldest son is 32. We need you to stick around for awhile and 4-5 years ain’t enough! So happy you’re taking it on at a young age. So many possible good times ahead for you.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Great to hear from you AFM and congrats on all the good things you got going on

D
WOW. Dee74. As I said to ‘least’ I so appreciate folks like you. Thank you for being there for me back then and thank you so much for being here for everyone now. I tip my ball cap to you! Bless you.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spiderqueen View Post
Incredible, absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I recently went to a memorial for my beloved alcoholic ex, who was also told at 48 that he would be dead in 5 years if he kept up his drinking. He died last September at age 53 of liver failure. I wish he could have read your post before it was too late. But I am certain many others will. Thank you again.

Even after the doctor told me that I had some stumbles. I finally did get it down though. The last time I quit, on September 8, 2009 I was toxic and my liver felt like a piece of wood when I palpated it myself. I was so scared I didn’t go to the doctor. Bad self advice. I finally did go in for a checkup after 3 months quit and my liver felt good to touch and it was born out by the numbers. Amazing what the human body can do when you’re not abusing it. I’m so sorry for your ex. My heart goes out to anyone that’s fighting it. We all know what it’s like.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I'm so glad you stopped by to tell us the good news, A Fallen Man. It's wonderful you were able to reclaim your life & get free of it. Congratulations on your upcoming 10 yrs. of sobriety. I know your post will help to encourage many. Thank you!
I know there’s no way that you and Least and Dee74 could remember me but I remember every single one of you three from my days on here. Man it made my lips curl into a smile when I saw yalls replies on here. If someone had asked me to name the folks on the board I probably couldn’t have pulled them out of the air but when I saw ya’lls names I was all giddy like “Yo...I remember dude!!!!” LOL. I love what ya’ll have done for others like me and continue to do. As an old Marine I’d give ya’ll the Civilian CMH if there was such a thing and I was allowed to hand them out!
Old 02-21-2019, 02:24 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats fallen man , very positive encouraging post.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Of course I remember you, fallen - and your 'Thinker' avatar.