Notices

If you need motivation or feel depressed

Old 07-12-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If you need motivation or feel depressed

If you struggling with depression or going thru a tuff time in your life maybe trying to seek spiritual help would help you like it helped me , sometimes I feel hopeless and with no purpose of life in times like those I just remember there some one i can count on and seek for the way of life and happiness. Everyone is important in this life even you , God loves us all and we have a IMPORTANT part to play. I'm asking you to give him a try and give it a try let him come into your life. Give him all your problems and watch him give you all the answers and solutions for you. I promise it won't disappoint you 😊. Yet you dont have nothing to loose but alot to gain.Get your happiness and life back on track and enjoy a life full of joy under his love and care. The first step I took was to find a church, the moment i first step inside I shed tears and a huge weight was lifted of my back. Don't be hopeless and unhappy when there's so much to life to live for. Regardless of what you going thru no situation no matter how bad it seems it ain't bigger than you and him . Your strong yet you will over come it as long as you try. God needs you just as you need him so make the first step to your happiness 😊
Old 07-13-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome to SR, Fastlife.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

D
Old 07-13-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome, Fastlife.
Thank you for your post. Bless you!
Old 07-13-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I have always considered myself to be agnostic or even atheist, however I often look on with some envy with the "peace" that "believers" seem to have in their life. I am in no way anti-God, though I do have a lot of issues with organized religion, but at the end of the day I am cool with whatever anyone wants to think as long as they don't force their opinions on me.

Recently I have been discussing some of this with my therapist. She is Christian, and would never force her beliefs on me, but since I brought it up we have been talking about it a little. Long story short, she suggested I watch the movie The Shack. It is about a man who is Christian but struggles with his faith and relationship with God. He has a tragic event in his life and experiences a lot of problems with guilt and anger. While on a mission to avenge his daughters death he ends up spending a weekend hanging out with God (played by a black woman), Jesus (played by a middle eastern man) and, I think, the Holy Spirit (played by an Native American woman). Through the various experiences he has he is able to learn to forgive himself and others, and understand that God is about love and acceptance, not judgement and is able to get some peace in his life.

I will admit, given my feelings on the subject, I went into the movie with a good deal of skepticism. I left feeling that I really needed to work on forgiveness and judgement in my life, both with myself and others. I also left with a spark of understanding of a possible place for God in my life. Overall it was a good very good movie that really helped me in those areas.

It is based on the book of the same name, so if you are more of a reader, you might want to check it out. The movie is fairly new and often shows at movie nights at various churches (that is where I saw it.)
Old 08-01-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm asking you to give him a try and give it a try let him come into your life. Give him all your problems and watch him give you all the answers and solutions for you. I promise it won't disappoint you 😊.

As lovely as this sounds, if only it was that easy. I have tried many times to give "him" all my problems but it doesn't work. My mind still ruminates over the problems. Your lucky he has replied to you, as I must have a block of some kind. How do you do it?
Old 08-02-2018, 04:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I know it's difficult, and not everyone will be a "believer". It was many years in recovery before I became faith filled, and there are still times I may question my faith. But I try to focus on being mindful, seeing that "He" is working through all things in my life, good and bad, and I work on the gratitude for all that too.